My bad situation at Walmart,what would you have done? - Page 3

My bad situation at Walmart,what would you have done?

This is a discussion on My bad situation at Walmart,what would you have done? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Honestly you did ok.....I guess Me? I'd just watch him run by...poke my head out to prolong my entertainment, then go back to....."hmm the Acer, ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Honestly you did ok.....I guess

Me?

I'd just watch him run by...poke my head out to prolong my entertainment, then go back to....."hmm the Acer, or the HP notebook with 2gb of ram".....

dude, it's Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by poppy37 View Post
    I didnt dial 911 because often it takes our officers several minutes to respond as the PD is across town from the store,and I was halfway expecting walmart security to do something any second.
    What is this security of which you speak?

It's pretty obvious to me what was happening. The guy you saw was a Walmart Assistant Manager. They had a customer that was wanting to purchase a HD wide scree tv and home theatre system. He was talking on his blue tooth headset to the stock clerk in the back. Obviously he was giving directions to the location in the stockroom where the TV's are kept. The customer must have been in a huge hurry and threatened to leave and go to Best Buy if they didn't get the TV out to him in the next two minutes.
    It's a good thing you didn't tackle this guy and cost Walmart the sale. There may be a state law concerning interfering with the sale of HD TV's.

I now return you to your normally sane station.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    What is this security of which you speak?

It's pretty obvious to me what was happening. The guy you saw was a Walmart Assistant Manager. They had a customer that was wanting to purchase a HD wide scree tv and home theatre system. He was talking on his blue tooth headset to the stock clerk in the back. Obviously he was giving directions to the location in the stockroom where the TV's are kept. The customer must have been in a huge hurry and threatened to leave and go to Best Buy if they didn't get the TV out to him in the next two minutes.
    It's a good thing you didn't tackle this guy and cost Walmart the sale. There may be a state law concerning interfering with the sale of HD TV's.

I now return you to your normally sane station.

Haha that was good! I think you did the right thing by watching him and making sure he didn't do anything...like everyone else said, your not a LEO

In this day and age of cell phones and Blue Tooth it is never safe to assume somebody is talking to themselves. From your description I would hazard a guess that he was on the phone to somebody outside driving and was giving directions to his location. he was in a rush to get outside to meet them. as far as aggressiveness, I find a lot of bigger people (I am 5'5" tall) "bully" their way through people and don't even realize it. From the description and behavior you accounted, I would further hazard a guess that he was probably a High School Coach or an off duty cop, used to aggressive behavior as a norm and meant no harm by it.

Not all aggressive behavior and disregard for others is meant as aggression. For some, it is just their normal behavior. Even an LEO would have done nothing about it as long as the subject exited the store without actually making contact with anybody. He would probably have had a few choice words about the guy though. Really, that is about all you can do, there is no law against acting like an a*****e.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

rson63..............got it. The employees were probably in fear of loosing their jobs more so than the guy if they interferred.
    Especially after that gun event and the 4 being fired.

IMO....Wal-Mart is just a wierd place anyway.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Like others have said you did just fine. You are not a law enforcement officer so you have absolutely no legal duty to act. The only additional things I would have done would have been to call 911 and notify the store manager. The manager may have been able to give you an explanation if he knew what was going on. Most likely though he would say something like the situation is under control.

You did the right thing.

This is one of those situations where you really didn't have all the information and doing nothing except being a good witness if necessary is the best option.
    Freedom.... The Price Keeps Going Up, and the Quality Keeps Going Down.

I agree with most here, become a witness for the authorities. Never assume one is on meths, pcp, etc. Many have mental issues and when off their medication, strange behavior occurs. Besides, if you were to injury yourself, good luck trying to file a claim from Walmart or any other business. You might miss work, require surgery, the list could be ugly for you.
    May we never forget those in uniform who protect us night and day in lands far away. And those in all wars who paid the supreme sacrifice in defense of our country. May God Bless our Troops and First Responders.

Well, he couldn't have been an employee because he was speaking English. Wal Mart is always good for strange people.

Quote Originally Posted by rson63 View Post
    Maybe one reason the Walmart workers didn't try anything is because its agaist company policy. Check the link on the four Walmart workers that were fired for disarming a man in a Walmart.

http://www.foxnewsinsider.com/2011/0...ng-shoplifter/
    Yup. The only walmart employees who have any kind of authorization (from the company) to do anything are salaried managers and loss prevention/security folks. Besides, whose going to risk their own lives at an $8/hour job. I sure as hell wouldn't. Never seen a walmart associate with "Clark Kent" on the name badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    Well, he couldn't have been an employee because he was speaking English. Wal Mart is always good for strange people.
    I tend to shop at Walmart a lot, so much so that my wife has started calling me a Walmartian.

I think you did a good job Poppy37. Be a good witness.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Thanks, I really didnt know what else I could do.

But seriously, folks, who among us has not, while shopping at Wal-Mart, occasionally felt an overpowering urge to run screaming through the store, knocking down displays, customers, and store employees?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links