What Sub Compact to get?? - Page 5

What Sub Compact to get??

This is a discussion on What Sub Compact to get?? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ....available in Titanium, Rainbow, Pink, Purple, Yellow, Equinox, Fakequinox, two-tone, bi-tone, and tri-tone finishes. Guaranteed to perform with Sig's legendary reliability, the same reliability that ...

View Poll Results: What Sub Compact would you pick for EDC (appendix)

Voters
224. You may not vote on this poll
  • Springfield XD Sub compact

63 28.13%
  • Beretta PX4 Sub Compact

15 6.70%
  • Something else

146 65.18%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    ....available in Titanium, Rainbow, Pink, Purple, Yellow, Equinox, Fakequinox, two-tone, bi-tone, and tri-tone finishes. Guaranteed to perform with Sig's legendary reliability, the same reliability that failed the BATFE test, crying foul that "too much importance was placed on reliability." Sorry, Sig isn't what it used to be, more in line with Taurus and Kel-Tec nowadays.
    If they are good enough for the Navy Seals, FBI, Department of Interior, the Department of Agriculture which includes park police, mint police, and park rangers, The Coast Guard, ATF and countless police departments around the country (my local one included) and world (Canadian Military Police, etc), they are good enough for me.

I have carried my XD9sc now for 5 years and love it.
    "We have met the enemy, and it is us." Pogo Possum

Colt New Agent
    War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

There are three kinds of people, sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves. If you don't understand this, you're a sheep.

Are you a turtle?

I know it doesn't have a "rail", but you can't go wrong with what I carry...Glock 33 357 Sig, nice to have a 11 shot (with the magazine extension) 357 "magnum" when things get "sticky".

The Duke
    "It's time to nut up or shut up" - Woody Harrelson, "Tallahassee" in "Zombieland"

VIP Member
    I also selected 'something else' but then again, I'm a snub sort of guy.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I love my Springfield XD40sc for appendix carry.I'd like to have gotten one with a rail but in retrospect getting a holster to accomadate a light or laser is pretty difficult,

Glock 29 or a Ruger SR9c.
    A armed person is a citizen-An unarmed person is a future victim.

I've got a Springfield XD SC 9MM. Love it. However, if I were to appendix carry, I might consider one of the thinner single stacks like the Kahr CW 9 or 40. Good quality gun with a nice price tag and thinner for more comfortable carry. NOT a fun range gun for a lot of shooting, but great for self defense.
    ~Coriantan~

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." * "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

My EDC and occasional Second Gun is unfortunately no longer in production. It is an AMT Off-Duty in .45 ACP and fits in my open palm. Trigger pull is very stiff for a DAO but it sure means there will be no negligent discharges
    William Wallace
    Do not stand between Me and Mine!!

I have good luck with my Taurus PT 740, but you have to go with what your comfortable with

A Beretta PX4 is not one commonly thought about, nor talked about.... and I think a lot of people do so due to the price. However, they are much better made than most , have great ergonomics, easy to carry, etc..... and I have a small hand but width is not an issue at all.

I bought one to have, thought I would keep it at home, etc. Then I carried it a few times, found it extremely comfortable and loved the gun, began carrying it more..... and soon it was my EDC.

You couldn't go wrong with one. I carry it OVER my XD, as well as others. I have another Beretta that's about 18 yrs old and looks brand new. I'm sure this one will still be there kicking right along when the other's aren't and be the same way.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

XD9sc

We have his and hers. We both love ours!

XD40sc and PF-9... both are keepers for me. Slightly different uses, but I'll p/b carry the PF-9 the most since it completely disappears. Using the XDsc for a pistol course in a few weeks. The XD is more comfortable to shoot for me even though it's a 40.

After 20+ years of CC and so many different choices, I have settled on the PM40 and the LCR for most of my CC needs. Both lead, or are at least are somewhere close to leading the areas that I consider most important for my CC needs. "Weight", "Size" and "Firepower", are for me the three main considerations for CC. There are quite a few excellent options out there, but only a few that will fill the bill for just about any and every situation. To me, the Kahr PM series of pistols and the Ultra light revolvers are the answers for most anyone wanting a good combination of defense without the feeling of carrying something that is just uncomfortable in everyday civilian attire. Pocket carry is a good option, but either IWB or out, these two firearms that I mentioned are easily carried all day long while maintaining a good level of comfort.

It's different for everyone and what works for one might not work for another, but I've spent a lot of coin on several firearms and carried everyone of um at some point over the years. To date, these two firearms have changed one purchasing point for me; for the most part. I'll not be looking to buy for CC that much anymore, it's going to be for just cause I like the firearm and want to add one.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links