Woman said she had a gun and wasnt afraid to use it in walmart.

This is a discussion on Woman said she had a gun and wasnt afraid to use it in walmart. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Walk away or ignore crazy people...DO NOT engage in any way.OMOYMV...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Woman said she had a gun and wasnt afraid to use it in walmart.

Walk away or ignore crazy people...DO NOT engage in any way.OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Walk away or ignore crazy people...DO NOT engage in any way.OMOYMV
    There's some solid advice and worth following to the Tee. Unless attacked by one, try to ignore um for a happier life in the end.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Liked Doc's answer but agree with F. You start with my wife, you have started with me, and you have started with the wrong person. I would not, if CC, have gone head to head with her, but I would have called the police on the threat.

I don't mind engaging people, which apparently you don't either. I think you're being overly sensitive about what she said, threatening or not.

It was your choice to engage, and your consequences, get over it.

And yes, you're grammar sucks. Which makes parsing your story that much more difficult, and no, it's not clear.

In and out is my policy at Walmart, even though I take my kids sometimes, just to let them know what it's like to be at a zoo without bars.

If you don't want to shop with crazies, shop online, dude. You obviously have a computer. If you go out for the social life, don't whine, ***** and complain if you don't like the society.

GM
    It does not surprise me, you are talking about Wal-Mart. Just ignore that kind of people.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by Fdisk View Post
    btw if you dont like my grammer dont say a word just move on............
    there are way to many grammer cops online.
    With piss poor writing like that, it's impossible to not comment on your grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure etc.

Plain and simple your writing reflects on you, and by your writing style it seems you're in the same class as the "crazy" lady at Walmart. If this is the manner in which you addressed the situation much later after the event and while sitting at a computer, I can only guess how you handled the situation as it happened.

If you want to share your experience, give us the courtesy of making it readable please.

AzB
    Just smile and wave boys, smile and wave.

Az
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by mlkx4 View Post
    Don't know what to say. I think i sacrificed to many brain cells on the attempt to make sense of this. That was very painful my friend...
    I'm with mlkx4 on this one, I still haven't figured out who said what and what the something was.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    Once, I returned to my car, unarming, then returned to deal with the nut (family function where I could not just walk away, and an adult nut was picking on children at a park's swings). When I asked the guy to leave, he said he had the right to say what he wanted and he had the "ability to defend himself." We called LE, and as LE were on the way I put my snub in the trunk. It was a tough call to deside if I need to be armed (due to threat) or if an added conversation about being armed with LE was worth it.
    I guess you were lucky your friend had your back, but personally I don't think I would have bothered to disarm. I don't dread having a conversation with LEO's as to why I am armed enough to make me give up my tactical advantage while in the vicinity of someone I feel could be a threat. What if the guy had suddenly drawn a weapon and taken out your friend while you were returning from your car. Action usually beats reaction and even though your friend was aware of the guy, if the guy was quick enough and got off a lucky shot it could go south fast. Now your at a distance from the guy and he is most likely closer to the kids than you are. Do you return to your car or attempt to rescue the kids unarmed?

Just saying, why let a nut decide if your going to be armed? I don't think the LEO would have any problem with you being armed provided you made no mention of it to the guy, or displayed it, hinted at it or anything along those lines. It sounds like you had enough witnesses to dispell any claims against you this guy might make to the LEO's.

A strange thing happen yesturday, me and my wife had just went in walmart and as we were walking and talking to each other a lady in scrubs says "You see something funny soemthing in our direction so i turn to see who she's talking to well its apparantly me and or my wife "i know i shouldnt have done it but calling my wife a somethingpissed me off" so i said something what is wrong with you we wasnt talking or looking at you whats ur problem ,she mubles for a while and says something else as she swings her purse around we just walk off to do our shopping, my wife says i cant belive she just said that ? i said what she said didnt u hear her "me no"
    my says the lady said "she had a gun and wasnt afraid to use it" as she swung her purse around so i went back to the lady with walmart personal and i ask her did you just threaten me with a gun?
    she no u can search my purse and holds it out to me i told her no i would not search it and walked off.
    Ok.....something happened....your wife said something to you...but what is this translation supposed to say?
    I know i didnt do what maybe i should have but damn we didnt do a thing to provoke this and had i not had my weapon i would have said/cussed more about this nut case, walmart workers heard this threat from start to end and didnt even call the police.

I guess its a good thing i didnt hear the woman say that cause i would have been a little on edge with her digging at her purse.
    Good idea not to engage with crazy people...

PEOPLE ARE CRAZY.

Sorry....if you want to be understood, then it requires more than a 30-second thought....use of grammar is a reflection of the writer. If you don't want criticism, don't post....or type a complete thought in a sentence; more than one thought is a paragraph (a group of sentences, usually 3 or more).
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    That's hard to follow what's going on, in that story.
    It's actually painful to read.

Simple, Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. Just walk away and go buy what you need then leave the stupidity store!
    Got Sig? SP2022

If you were going to shoot a mime, would you use a silencer?

My grammar and composition isn't much better, but you have to at least make an effort if you expect people to comprehend your post and accurately respond. The OP reads like a bad Chinese translation. It's hard to figure out who said or did what to whom.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    I want to defend the OP a bit on the criticism he is getting about his writing.

None of us know what he might have gone through in school and in life, and maybe that post is pretty much what he is able to do. At least he tried to tell us what happened and tried to learn from all the good people here. And, now he knows that he would have been better off just walking away and keeping quiet.

I'm glad he posted, and I'm glad he has had the opportunity to get the sound advice he got from Doc H, Thanis, and Retsupt.

I'd be sensitive about the criticism too if I was getting criticized for something that is now beyond my ability to change.

And Sixto, thanks for cleaning up the language but leaving the original post. Good job!

+1 hopyard.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links