No carry in Buy For Less

This is a discussion on No carry in Buy For Less within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by toaster No reason to to go back to Buy For Less, except to get the name of that insurance company. They could ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No carry in Buy For Less

Quote Originally Posted by toaster View Post
    No reason to to go back to Buy For Less, except to get the name of that insurance company. They could use and education and and the same treat as BFL.
    This is a good idea, there is no point in complaining to the store, if it's the insurance company that is making the decision. We should all write letters to the insurance company and explain that gun free zones do not stop criminals, but CCW people can.
    We could then explain that we are going to put pressure on all their clients to switch their policies to a more clearly thinking insurance carrier.

2. Remove Ads

If this always comes down to 'insurance liability' why isn't (or maybe they are) the NRA lobbying the insurance companies too?

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    The NRA is not lobbying the insurance companies because they really do not impose such a rule-that is a lie told to the public as an excuse that people seem to buy, not that possibly their management is left leaning anti's or just ignorant and overreact.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    The NRA is not lobbying the insurance companies because they really do not impose such a rule-that is a lie told to the public as an excuse that people seem to buy, not that possibly their management is left leaning anti's or just ignorant and overreact.
    I don't mean this to sound combative but is there proof that the "insurance" excuse is a lie?
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Whether or not the insurance thing is real does not matter. The decision was made in regards to $$ and nothing else. Was it the extra $$ for insurance? or the possible $$ for some sort of claim afterward? We may never know. Maybe managers of those corporations are on forums like this (but for managing) and they keep hearing their own urban legends like...
    USing your own bullets will make you lose in a SD shooting, or that if you post that a certain type of intruder/BG needs to be shot online that ALL defense lawyers are good enough to find that 1 post and then hang you for it if you are involved in a shooting. Or about over penetration...
    So they may well be putting policies in place because they received bogus info.

The only way to get things changed is to 1) YES complain 2) take your $$ elsewhere.

Unfortunately unless the local manager can PROVE that he is losing a fair amount of business because of the new rules there is no way that upper management will care.
    You would need tens of people every day walking in with one of the cards mentioned above AND the receipt from where ever you just spent the $$ you were going to spend there.

Here in GA the signs carry no weight so I do not read ANY signs posted that can be seen from the outside.

Sled

My thoughts are if a store wishes me to enter unarmed, then they should take full responsibility for my safety from the moment I enter their property till the moment I leave.
    And should anything happen then they should be open for a law suit!

I once read A Story about a lady that sued Taco Bell because she was attacked in her car while waiting in the drive-thru (she was shot) and won! It was ruled that Taco Bell was responsible for the safety of it's patrons while on their property.
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I don't mean this to sound combative but is there proof that the "insurance" excuse is a lie?
    x2. I know MY employer has to pay extra just for us to carry our guns for work.

I wouldn't be shocked if the same has to go for a store letting someone carry their guns into the store while shopping.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

When a store has a no firearm sign posted thats a store policy NOT a state law . If you carry into a store with a posted sign all they can do is ask you to leave .

Quote Originally Posted by Stuie View Post
    When a store has a no firearm sign posted thats a store policy NOT a state law . If you carry into a store with a posted sign all they can do is ask you to leave .
    Not true. In some states the signs carry legal weight. In others they do not. Before ignoring a no gun sign MAKE SURE TO CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS!
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Stuie View Post
    Unless it's TN, where if it is "properly posted", you can get in trouble.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Never noticed one in my local buy for less, but never looked. All they can do in OK is ask me to leave. Its in a bad part of town, and I usually only go there to stop in the bank, as a branch is located inside, and its not far from where I work.

what sign? someone must have been standing in front of it. what weapon?

In my state, signs do not carry the force of law... except for trespass laws, after you are asked to leave. I carry concealed. No one knows. About the only places I do do not/would not carry are schools, and Post Offices.

I doubt that insurance rates are higher if you allow carry. In states whithin which carry is legal, people have been carrying concealed for years, unbeknownst to the proprietor or their insurance company.

Knight rider, your company's insurance rates are higher because the employer allows you to carry AT/FOR work. You are an agent of the company. If you do anything with your weapon while acting as an agent of the company, the company is liable for your actions, and wisely carries insurance to protect themselves from losing everything.

While the Taco Bell incident may have occured, their liabilty seems to stem from protecting a patron from harm within the property lines of the business. If in a snow state, had they not shoveled the dirve and a patron was injured due to a car skidding (for example) on the ice/snow... the company might be liable had they not cleared the snow and Ice in a timely manner... alowing, as they do in our state, for "reasonableness" (you can't be expected clear every flake as it falls)...
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

Time to go back to the walmart...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

I'm throwing the BS flag on the insurance excuse. Legally carrying a concealed weapon has nothing to do with the business taking place at Buy for Less. I have a hard time believing a insurance company would impose such a restriction. I'll respect their wishes and will no longer shop at Buy for Less.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links