No carry in Buy For Less

No carry in Buy For Less

This is a discussion on No carry in Buy For Less within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to a local grocery store - Buy For Less, to pick up some soda. I noticed a sign on the door that said ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No carry in Buy For Less

No carry in Buy For Less

I went to a local grocery store - Buy For Less, to pick up some soda. I noticed a sign on the door that said "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED IN THE STORE, THIS INCLUDES CONCEALED WEAPONS CARRIED BY CCW HOLDERS."

I spoke with the manager of the store and he said that he thought the policy was stupid also, but he couldn't do anything about it. The manager gave me the number of the district manager. I spoke to the manager, who was courteous and friendly. He told me that the policy was due to their insurance company charging them higher rates if they allowed weapons in the store.
    I explained that CCW holders are background checked, fingerprinted, trained in the legalities of armed conflict. I also told him that < 1% of permit holders have ever been convicted of a crime. I explained that CCW's would not do business with Buy For Less if we were not welcome and that criminals would not obey the signs any way. I thanked him for listening to my complaint and he said that he was surprised that so many people complained, about 25 so far.The manager told me that the policy would not change.
    War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

There are three kinds of people, sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves. If you don't understand this, you're a sheep.

Are you a turtle?

I am not surprised at the outcome.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Not surprised either, but kudos to you for being heard.

Good job on stated the facts and being polite about it, some people just can't be reached no matter how much sence it makes.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    I went to a local grocery store - Buy For Less, to pick up some soda. I noticed a sign on the door that said "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED IN THE STORE, THIS INCLUDES CONCEALED WEAPONS CARRIED BY CCW HOLDERS."

I spoke with the manager of the store and he said that he thought the policy was stupid also, but he couldn't do anything about it. The manager gave me the number of the district manager. I spoke to the manager, who was courteous and friendly. He told me that the policy was due to their insurance company charging them higher rates if they allowed weapons in the store.
    I explained that CCW holders are background checked, fingerprinted, trained in the legalities of armed conflict. I also told him that < 1% of permit holders have ever been convicted of a crime. I explained that CCW's would not do business with Buy For Less if we were not welcome and that criminals would not obey the signs any way. I thanked him for listening to my complaint and he said that he was surprised that so many people complained, about 25 so far.The manager told me that the policy would not change.

What a surprise
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

It's seems kinda weird, but there is a sign on the front door of at least one of the local indoor gun ranges that says that all firearms must be unloaded and cased when being brought into the building. They state that it is also for insurance purposes. They don't seem to get the irony. It's a gun range. You know, where people go to shoot loaded guns. Yeah, loaded--like with the over-priced exploding bullets you're happy to sell them.

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    You handled to situation in a very good manner and I agree also that I would not shop there any longer.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

No reason to to go back to Buy For Less, except to get the name of that insurance company. They could use and education and and the same treat as BFL.
    Weapons list suppressed...........

Plenty of other places to get your groceries!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I can understand about the insurance and perhaps that is true. It is my understanding that most retail stores generally operate close to state guidelines. That is to say if here in IND where the state is fairly non restrictive then most retail stores operating within the state's understanding of that position. However, states that that are more restrictive... one will tend to see No firearms signs. Either way, I apploud your demeanor in talking with folks about the subject. It does not do any good to be jack butt about things. Sounds like you done real good. Thanks from a fellow CCW holder.

BTW, I just seen the No Guns=No money cards you can print off and hand to people when you want. One the back side of the card it has a nice description of what our position is concerning this topic.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I think a lot of you guys are missing the point of why the sign is posted. Its not because they are afraid of guns, its because they are afraid of spending more money in insurance. I pay no mind to a sign posted no gun anyway. In my state, only state PFZ are enforced.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by nels View Post
    It's seems kinda weird, but there is a sign on the front door of at least one of the local indoor gun ranges that says that all firearms must be unloaded and cased when being brought into the building. They state that it is also for insurance purposes. They don't seem to get the irony. It's a gun range. You know, where people go to shoot loaded guns. Yeah, loaded--like with the over-priced exploding bullets you're happy to sell them.
    Exploding bullets??
    Rick

Gun owners' prayer:
    "Dear Lord; if I die please don't let my wife sell my gun collection...........for what I told her it was worth"

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    The insurance excuse is pure BS. Its like those "insurance regulations prohibit entering area" signs. I have worked in the insurance industry for 30 years and have never seen an insurance "regulation" as to handguns nor additional premium charged if allowed (or a discount for banning). Its just an easy excuse that people for some reason buy.

At the end of the day, its their property and they have the right to ban firearms and I will respect their wishes. I just take my business elsewhere.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    The only no carry signs that mean anything to me in private business establishments, are those in banks. And that's because the employees therein are probably more generally aware of concealed weapons.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links