Defensive Carry banner

Concealed Carry and Gun Shows in Texas

11K views 28 replies 22 participants last post by  3dfxMM 
#1 ·
I'm sure I should already know this but what are the laws regarding carrying a concealed handgun (with a CHL of coarse) to a Gun Show in Texas?

#3 ·
In Tx they usually post a valid 30.06 sign at the entrance,you can take an unloaded firearm in and they will zip tie it.The reasoning behind it is they don't want people with loaded guns deciding to see how they fit in a holster they see etc.

#7 ·
I will agree that they almost always post a 30.06 sign. However, technically, the signs are usually not valid because the place where the show is taking place is owned by a governmental entity (city or county usually). I know people that just walk right on in carrying. I have never seen them actually check anyone. Women's purses do get checked. I haven't heard of anyone who has pushed it far enough to see what would happen if they were found out. The shows here are usually crawling with both uniformed and plainclothes LEOs.

#4 ·
I don,t know about TX. but here in NC. you can not carry a concealed gun in any place that charges admission,
period.This includes Gun Shows.
You can carry them OCed and they will tie a plastic tie on it to keep it from being loaded and OC it while in the show to try holsters etc.
Just call the place where the gun show is being held and they can tell you what you need to do, thats the easy way to find out.

#6 ·
Went to a gun show at the Shriner's hall in El Paso. Can't remember when.

The sign outside wasn't a 30.06, it just said that if you're carrying concealed, don't check it at the front, don't try to sell it, don't remove it from the holster, etc.

Basically if you have a defensive weapon, not something you're checking for the show, they don't want to know it exists.

That was just my experience. YMMV

#21 ·
That is my biggest gripe! I have to walk quite a ways from my car to the gun show. While I feel pretty safe inside the gunshow, I don't like being unarmed on my trip to and from the car. I was thinking next time I go to the show, I would just keep a loaded magazine in my pocket, let them zip-tie my gun at the door, and when I leave, reload it.. so you are I are on the same wavelength there.

#16 ·
In Kansas there is one-and-only one State Attorney General approved 'Gun Buster' sign.

With few Federal/State/School building exceptions, if any building is not properly posted with the approved sign, then Concealed Carry can not be prohibited.

Concealed is concealed. Less than 2% of the general Kansas population have a CC License.

#17 · (Edited)
CHL holders aren't the reason for the signs. They have the signs to prevent gun ignorant people from bringing in loaded weapons and killing someone by ND. Even so, ND's aren't that uncommon. Been in one show where it happened, lucky no one shot.

#20 ·
They don't allow it in the some gun shows here in WI. but I think it is up to the promotor of the event to decide.

The front door should read "Welcome CCL and open carry we are open for business!" or in another words come on in your money is good here!

#23 ·
Howdy!

Gun shows I've been to in Texas and other states "ON LOADED WEAPONS, NO LIVE AMMUNITION" all weapons are checked by someone before entering the show to make sure they are clear and safe and a tie wrap is placed on them. Only persons entering with loaded weapons are uniform police officers.

"Happy Trails"
chiefneon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.