How do you carry in the car

This is a discussion on How do you carry in the car within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by rocky I would rather wear my gun. what if you have to exit the vehicle in a hurry? I'm with you on ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you carry in the car

Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    I would rather wear my gun. what if you have to exit the vehicle in a hurry?
    I'm with you on that. A lot of carjackings involve being dragged from the vehicle or being shoved aside in the vehicle. Being in Con Yellow will help, but when attacks happen, they happen fast. If you're not in a position to grab the gun from its hiding place, you're at a terrible disadvantage.

LibertyGal
    Requiring a license makes it illegal to do something that was lawful before the license was required.

2. Remove Ads

I always have mine on my side OWB holster ready to fire just in case I have to act like I'm grabbing for my wallet depending on the situation of course.

-Geno

Look at the Carjacker Crossdraw holster here:

http://www.andrewsleather.com/

It works very well for me. It is a fast on and off when seated in a car. It can be worn on your belt or seatbelt and basicly secures the weapon on your lap and you just put your shirt over it. Access and draw is faster then anything I've tried including my IWB when I'm driving. When I get behind the wheel I just snap it on and transfer my weapon from IWB to it and back again when I leave. Very comfortable as well.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Does anyone see a problem with this?

Anyone? anyone? I'm not sure this holster is the greatest idea--mucho practice...see attached
    Attached Images

TUG

car carry

I carry owb at 3:30--gets pinned under, I also use a vest to hide owb, have in vest. a cross draw holster MOVE THE GUN EVERY TIME IN OR OUT OF THE VEH. Never attach the gun to anything but ME.!!!!!!

SIGguy, is that your finger on the trigger???

Quote Originally Posted by kansas45
    I instaled the holster that came with my XD45 under the dash of my truck. It work's very well. I guess you could get a holster for your gun & some velcro & attatch it that way, then you could just move it to different vehicle's. I made a bracket for mine but it is permenatly attatched with screw's.

I was thinking about mounting my XD holster in the car. Glad someone else has tried it. I think I may go for the center console. It would be a good place to keep the gun on long car rides. Short spurts around town, the gun stays on me.

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    In the car or out, its my G26 in an IWB holster at one o'clock. If trouble comes, I lift my shirt and draw; easy, even with a seat belt on. Holster carry is a MUST.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by skunkworks
    SIGguy, is that your finger on the trigger???
    That would be a big fat NO ...That image came from the referenced website....
    Last edited by SIGguy229; July 19th, 2006 at 10:11 AM.

I carry on my right hip always. Truck gun (#2) stays in hidden place.
    I don't have to handle a weapon getting in or out. For SHTF rifle is hidden in the back.

Semper Fi

different methods that i carry in the car:

-wear a paddle holster and cant the holster forward so that it's comfortable in the car seat.

-for small guns, i sometimes wear a belly strap. it keeps the gun up higher, out of the way of the seatbelt

-when pocket carrying, i either have on cargo shorts and keep the gun in the cargo pocket on the side of the shorts, or, pull out the pocket holster and wedge it and the gun between my seat and the center console.

-my truck has a map pocket on the door that holds the smaller guns quite well.

I carry the same in car and out, 3 o'clock OWB. The only difference being that when I enter the car I will generally pull my shirt up and tuck it behind the holster. It just doesn't work for me to get in, sit down and have the weapon pinned down becuase I'm sitting on my shirt tail.

It could happen, but I'm really not concerned about another driver seeing my holstered weapon out in the open. It's more important for my weapon to be easily accesible. If I were to be pulled over for speeding or whatever, I can easily pull the shirt out and over the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by BkCo1
    I carry on my right hip always. Truck gun (#2) stays in hidden place.
    I don't have to handle a weapon getting in or out. For SHTF rifle is hidden in the back.

Semper Fi
    +1

Carry gun is concealed on my person, in a holster. Car gun is concealed in a vehicle safe, and stays there. When I get in the car, I unlock the vehicle safe, and re-lock it when I get out. Guns stay put unless I need them.

Can't imagine drawing every time I get in or out of the vehicle... What do you do if you're giving someone a ride? I take clients out for lunch regularly, and sure don't want to discuss my CCW with them on the way!

I don't keep a rifle in the trunk, but I should. I don't own a rifle that would fit that role very well. Hmmm... Perhaps I need to pick up an inexpensive AK clone :)
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

I either leave the gun on my belt (strong side 4 or 5 oclock) or wedge it between the pasanger seat and the center console in a holster I keep there for that reason. All I have to do is drop my hand from the shift lever to the consol and instead of an e-brake handle I have a pistol.

Unfortunatly this doesnt work in the PRM unless the passanger is also liscenced. So when Im riding w/ non-packers I leave it holstered.

When I pocket cary its in a cargo pocket so I usualy just leave it alone there.

AE

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    I would rather wear my gun. what if you have to exit the vehicle in a hurry?
    I agree totally, Rocky. That's why I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Garrity C & D Crossdraw. I will have the weapon where I can reach it in the vehicle and if I have to exit in a hurry I still have it with me.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links