Drawing, firing and holstering with Laserlyte Trainer

This is a discussion on Drawing, firing and holstering with Laserlyte Trainer within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just sharing, So I purchased the Laserlyte Laser Trainer Target and the LaserLyte Laser Trainer Pro. Yes, they were a nice chunk of change to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just sharing,

So I purchased the Laserlyte Laser Trainer Target and the LaserLyte Laser Trainer Pro. Yes, they were a nice chunk of change to part with but I do have to say that they are well worth it.

I have learned that drawing your firearm from the holster, concealed, is not an easy task. I carry a 1911 compact and use two types of holsters, back strap and no back strap.

Point and shoot, point-aim-shoot, slow is fast, one eye closed, etc (things need fixin!). You really have to practice, even without the fancy laser gear. The Laserlyte box forces me to aim small and allows me to see how far off from the target I am when I engage. Where you think your bullet should go isn't always the case especially if you are under stress. For me, it was a great buy and still is. 100 imaginary rounds fired without any spent brass. I saved some money today.

The point of all of this really is PRACTICE. With or without the fancy stuff, PRACTICE. Forgetting to switch off the safety, getting caught up in your clothing, etc., can become a disaster.

Rock Hard Red-leg

added qkshooter

That sounds very cool. How much was this if you don't mind me asking?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

It is pretty cool... here are 3 videos by Laserlite.... about the target and the laserlyte pro... Laserlyte training system

Pricing for both about $250.00 (target and barrel insert).

Sure would save a lot on ammo, allow training at home, and allow for realistic self styled scenarios... multiple shots with a DA handgun, (missing recoil, though)

pretty cool.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Just buy the LT Pro for 80 bucks from Midway. I have had mine for a year now. Works great and it is nice to get feedback while dry firing.
    NRA Endowment Member
    USCCA Member
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Patriot Guard Rider

I want one!

Yeah, I'd for sure start with the Laserlyte pro, if nothing else... but the target let's you move and fire several times, recording all your "hits," a great idea.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I have one, great training tool. I put a target on the basement wall at 20 feet. Good buy since my range does not allow drawing from a holster.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I like that, I may put it on my list. I have the same problem with rules against drawing at the range.
    I currently train with a "G19" gas-powered airsoft pistol in my garage. It's not the same, but it does fit in my gear and allows my to rapid fire.

I was blessed to have gotten mine through Ebay at a great price(seperate sellers). I didn't spend over $200 for the laser and target box, both brand new. It took some time and patience for that deal.

Oh - I like that - this thread is going to cost me some money. My local range will not allow draw / fire exercises either so this will be a great substitute. I like the idea of instant feedback when dry firing - make sure that the muscle memory stays spot on.

VIP Member
    Ok, I like it too although I'd have to really root around to find a top ranking in my priority list.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

AzB
    It's a terrific tool. Even though my range allows draw and fire, this saves a lot of ammo and lets me train in the dark, in different positions, etc.

I didn't get the target; I just use driveway reflectors set up in different places and shoot at them.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

I was disappointed with it. The expanding cap is supposed to provide a "universal" fit for any caliber barrel, but it lost most of its flexibility after a few months. Also, the unit is sound activated, and so it is in an always-on state. You must remove the batteries or replace the (easily losable) green wafer with every use. I would not buy it again.

I would rather pay extra and get a laser trainer cartridge instead for each caliber that I shoot. I found them as low as $78 each at outdooroutfitters. Maybe they're cheaper elsewhere?

I use the laserlyte (without the target) and think it's a pretty good (but somewhat expensive) training device. I dry fire in my basement several times a week and think it has improved my marksmanship. Having to remove the batteries or put in an insulator when not in use is a pain in the butt.

How do you know where you are hitting when running and gunning?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links