Question for Maine CCW holders

This is a discussion on Question for Maine CCW holders within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm about to apply for my non resident CCW from Maine and had a couple of questions about it. First off will they accept an ...

Thread: Question for Maine CCW holders

Question for Maine CCW holders

I'm about to apply for my non resident CCW from Maine and had a couple of questions about it. First off will they accept an NRA basic pistols course ad proof of a firearms safety course for the permit?

My next question is does the Maine application ask about prior arrests? I ask as I was arrested in Florida a little over a year ago and there were no. Charges filed. My arrest record was expunged and I was told by my lawyer that there was only a handful of times I would need to divulge it,and apying for a CCW wasn't one of these. I know some say that law enforcement can still see expunged records for even basic background checks,but I was informed that while this is true it also depends on what state and when the record was expunged in.

So knowing this am I okay to send in my paper work to Maine when I get it and should I answer "no" to the questions about any arrests? My lawyer said only a lever II or III background check will find an expunged arrest record and these aren't done for a firearm carry license or purchase,only certain L.E. And government jobs. As a side note I renewed my Florida CCW with no issues this past month. I've also been figerpirntrd and background checked for my job since then and it came back fine,so am I good to go here? I just don't want to lie or do anything illegal. Thanks for any help guys.
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

2. Remove Ads

Not from Maine, but I sell guns in a Store there in maine...I think it's better to devulge the Prior, and if you have the papers showing it a Expunged, then send a copy of it along with your copy of your safety course. maybe the others in maine can help you..Hope it works out in your favor
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Yes, your NRA basic course is accepted.

As far as the rest you can check this link - State Police: Licenses & Permits: Firearms Permits & Professional Licensing - if you don't find what you need there call the state police gaming & weapons unit, they should be able to tell you.

Links