I saw one! I saw one!

I saw one! I saw one!

This is a discussion on I saw one! I saw one! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I spied a Concealed Carry Badge today! Ok, I was at an Academy for some clearification on a 4473 I filled out a month or ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I saw one! I saw one!

I saw one! I saw one!

I spied a Concealed Carry Badge today!

Ok, I was at an Academy for some clearification on a 4473 I filled out a month or so ago.

While I was waiting for the MOD. A Male, about 6'4 cleancut and all decked in sweats, flipflops, with a shoulder bag approaches.

He walks up to the gun counter, slings his bag around unzipps and pulls out his rig sets it up on the counter really proud like. From the corner of my eye, I just see a black holster with a bunch of straps and a "badge" attached to the holster. I thought LEO...then on second thought I was like "this isn't right".

I walk around the back of him acting like I was checking the scopes....take a peek at his gear: HI-Point .40 (mag removed) in a Blackhawk shoulder holster....and there it was, Conceal Cary Badge!

Must've had it for a few weeks cause the coating (or whatever) was flaking off.

The salesmen saw me checking it out, our eyes met and we both smiled and he shook his head. When the fella went to the holster rack to look for another holster (dude can't find one that fits his gun and works for CC) the clerk says under his breath..."some people" I go "uhm hmm, silly" at that time the MOD walks up to me and I correct paper work.

Upon leaving, another customer locks his eyes on the badge too and shook his head. I made eye contact with him too and we both gave each a big smile and shook our heads again I said "silly". The customer says back "you aint kiddin".

The CCB holder was none the wiser, he was to soaked up figuring which holster best fits his gun.....

All in about 4mins.
    Last edited by Frogbones; March 3rd, 2011 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Some grammer fixin'

Wow! I can't imagine trying to IWB carry a steroid infested brick of a pistol like a hi-point. So the finish on the badge was starting to flake off, I figured they were made better than that.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I wonder if he was a Mall Ninja
    "Trouble Never Makes An Appointment"

Quote Originally Posted by JBinMont View Post
    Gecko45's little cousin Gecko40
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Gecko45's little cousin Gecko40
    Bahahaha! I don't know man, with that Hi-Point we might have to give his name an upgrade. All in favor of christening our new friend "chameleon40" say aye!
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Aye!
    NRA Life Member

i have always wanted a badge but never a ccw badge. hi ponit even though they are consider one of the worst pistols/firearms ever made they are at least 100% USA made.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRAM View Post
    i have always wanted a badge but never a ccw badge. hi ponit even though they are consider one of the worst pistols/firearms ever made they are at least 100% USA made.
    Yes, but they are HUGE especially for concealed carry. But if that's all you can afford and you get a relaible one power to ya!
    NRA Life Member

Did he have a "swagger" to his walk? Look at me attitude??

VIP Member
    A HI-Point with a badge... There's at least a dozen jokes in there somewhere. Maybe I've become jaded since I now hate dragging my gun along for short sorties.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Hmm, I wonder why the salesman didn't recommend a new gun. My first pistol was a used HiPoint 9mm I bought for target practice. I never had any problems with it but it wasn't made for concealed carry (and it was one of their smaller pistols). HiPoints are big, bulky, and even uglier than Glocks ( seriously!)
    He should have saved that holster and 'badge' money so he at least could have afforded something like a Kel-Tec.

I have to say though, I think the prize for worst handgun should probably goes to a company like RG.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JBinMont View Post
    No, if he was a mall ninja he would have had three Glocks in that bag to go with his badge. No self respecting mall ninja would lower himself to just one Highpoint.
    I haven’t heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRAM View Post
    Not true.

Every one I've ever seen has performed admirably. They're just big and ugly.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Well, here was a weird one that happened about 2 days ago. I went to a gun shop in downtown area of Norfolk browsing some items. Some female was trying to figure out which holster would fit her Glock. So instead of being careful, she unexpectedly reached for her Glock that she concealed under her jeans (no holster, by the way and probably carrying w/o a permit, which is illegal) and had the muzzle pointed at the gun dealer. The dealer swept grabbed her gun and swept it aside as he had his hand on his gun ready to unholster it. I also saw what happened and whispered to myself, "What the ****?" as I discreetly had my hand inside my jacket ready to also draw my USP .40 out of my shoulder holster in case it might be a robbery and I am willing to help provide him cover fire or assistance (he knows me as a returning customer and sold me my Mossberg 590 before). He told her that it was the dumbest thing to do and kicked her and her boyfriend out. In case the two come back to retaliate, I was facing the entrance sideways as I was paying my items before I headed out the door. He also thanked me for the help in watching his back in case he needed assistance. Things like this goes to show why we should always remain vigilant, whether as a dealer or a customer.

Wow, does Academy even sell holsters that are fit for concealed carry. You should have tried to point him in a better direction for a concealed holster.

Oh, wait, you weren't posting this because of where he was looking for a holster, it was about the CHL badge, now I get it.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links