And People Question Why We Carry a Handgun?

This is a discussion on And People Question Why We Carry a Handgun? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; On the National. News tonight "Baby snatched from mother at knifepoint". I'll bet she called 911 and the cops got there in time to stop ...

On the National. News tonight "Baby snatched from mother at knifepoint". I'll bet she called 911 and the cops got there in time to stop the BG doing the "baby snatch".

What should have been reported; "Mother shoots armed attacker attempting to snatch her baby, the man dies on the way to the hospital of his wounds. Chief LEO says charges will not be filed, the mother acted in self defense".

Just a thought provoking moment from your Ol' Uncle Duke

Pardon my spelling.
    "It's time to nut up or shut up" - Woody Harrelson, "Tallahassee" in "Zombieland"

While the answer seems obvious to some of us, I believe that there is a percentage of people who, even if they had a gun could not shoot someone else, regardless of the circumstances.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Same here. I know a few of them in fact. It is amazing, frustrating and to be honest, a little infuriating to me to hear these fools say they could never shoot someone even if they knew the person was going to kill them. To them the scum bags life seems to be more important that their own. I can't even comprehend that.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Yep i agree theres a bunch of "turn the other cheek <sp>" folks out there, they think that a LEO will come to their rescue or the criminal won't do something like a kidnapping, do grave bodily harm and not murder anyone.
    "It's time to nut up or shut up" - Woody Harrelson, "Tallahassee" in "Zombieland"

Any mother who would not willingly sacrifice her own life to protect her progeny isn't worth protecting. I have absolutely no respect for anyone who will not fight to the death to protect themselves, their loved ones, or their home... And, yes, I've personally been there. So I will reserve my compassion and empathy for those who deserve it, not violent criminals, or their pusillanimous adult victims who are quite capable of defending themselves but are too cowardly to do so.

I once witnessed the remarkable bravery exhibited by a mother cat that successfully protected her tiny kittens from a large, aggressive canine. This petite feline succeeded in her selfless mission by diverting the dog's attention away from her kittens, and then she led it on a wild chase in which she evaded it.

The admirable behavior of this abandoned feline queen is one of the reasons I adopted her, and made sure her kittens were provided with good homes. (This is what I do. )
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

While I agree that a parent should go all out to protect their children, some people are not capable of applying lethal force. It is a decision that everyone who carries must come to before they carry. If you cannot pull the trigger, then I would prefer that you NOT carry. As for someone not being able to take a life, I don't consider them a lesser person for it. Taking a life, even in defense of others, is not easy and should not be be looked at lightly or with bravado.

Having said that, I can't understand why people question why I carry anymore.
    Human Beings understand Reason, Compassion, and Dignity

Predators understand Strength

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf357 View Post
    Any mother who would not willingly sacrifice her own life to protect her progeny isn't worth protecting. I have absolutely no respect for anyone who will not fight to the death to protect themselves, their loved ones, or their home... And, yes, I've personally been there. So I will reserve my compassion and empathy for those who deserve it, not violent criminals, or their pusillanimous adult victims who are quite capable of defending themselves but are too cowardly to do so.

I once witnessed the remarkable bravery exhibited by a mother cat that successfully protected her tiny kittens from a large, aggressive canine. This petite feline succeeded in her selfless mission by diverting the dog's attention away from her kittens, and then she led it on a wild chase in which she evaded it.

The admirable behavior of this abandoned feline queen is one of the reasons I adopted her, and made sure her kittens were provided with good homes. (This is what I do. )
    This is why I cannot understand how anyone can condone abortion.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Same here. I know a few of them in fact. It is amazing, frustrating and to be honest, a little infuriating to me to hear these fools say they could never shoot someone even if they knew the person was going to kill them. To them the scum bags life seems to be more important that their own. I can't even comprehend that.
    Sometimes it is a religious reason. Many religions are pacifists, and it is not that that they feel the scum bags life is more important, they are just following Gods law.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    Sometimes it is a religious reason. Many religions are pacifists, and it is not that that they feel the scum bags life is more important, they are just following Gods law.
    Their interpretation of God's law.

There's plenty of Scripture that talks about forgiveness in the face of insults and slander, but I've read nothing to support the idea that I should not defend the lives of me, my family, or others who are unable to defend themselves. We are called to be sheep, not "lambchops".
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

I'm a pacifist myself. I'd rather let someone steal my ipod than have to hurt someone over it.

However, if someone tries to kidnap my son, they will have 230 grains x 9 of speer gold dot headed their way.

You mean the police weren't there, in advance, to protect her? Tell me it ain't so!
    You mean the criminals were actually bad people, not 'righteous poor' forced into crime to feed their families?

The political left tells us that everything will be ok if you give the criminal what they want. And, what if they want your child, or your wife? Or they just want to indulge their torture fantasies on you for a while? But, I have to wonder out loud, why should I give a criminal what they want, even if it's as small as a paper clip? Do we not encourage crime by enabling it?

Hey, I'm very sorry for the lady and the child, God knows it grieves me ... but the naive mindset of most people (especially women) toward criminals is just as shocking. Kidnapping in many cases should carry the death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    While the answer seems obvious to some of us, I believe that there is a percentage of people who, even if they had a gun could not shoot someone else, regardless of the circumstances.
    Sure glad I am not that person's kid then - or any relationship.
    NRA Certified Instructor, MADFI Certified Instructor
    Vietnam Veteran, NRA Life Member
    XD 9 MM, 9 MM SC, 9 MM Tactical, XDM 9MM, XDM 40,
    XDM 40 Limited, XDM 5.25 Canyon Creek Custom 9 mm

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    True. I know some
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Links