WA permit arrived today!!!

This is a discussion on WA permit arrived today!!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Rcvd my non-resident WA permit today. I am an Oregon resident and already have that permit but I miss having my NC permit. NC was ...

Thread: WA permit arrived today!!!

WA permit arrived today!!!

Rcvd my non-resident WA permit today. I am an Oregon resident and already have that permit but I miss having my NC permit. NC was recognized in so many states. I moved from NC last year.

What state should I apply for a non-resident permit that would fill some of the voids that I have now? Specifically concerned with being legaln in PA.

Thanks for the advice!
    1911 officer, G26, LCR, & Keltec P3AT

2. Remove Ads

Just get the PA non-resident permit from the link below.

Centre County Government: Sheriff: License to Carry Firearm Application

Thanks!!!

PA application in the mailbox now. Thanks for the link JWarren!

The magic batch for me was WA, OR, NV, and AZ.

Play around with this map a bit:
    Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps | USA Carry

You'd be amazed where you can go with AZ. I've never heard of anyone using the PA permit for national carry, but you can never have too many :)

GM
    Congrats and enjoy!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Congrats on the new permit! PA is a good one to have as well, as long as you can get it before the change occurs where you have to appear in person in PA.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Congrats and stay safe!!!
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Quote Originally Posted by boonejeepin View Post

Rcvd my non-resident WA permit today. I am an Oregon resident and already have that permit but I miss having my NC permit. NC was recognized in so many states. I moved from NC last year.

What state should I apply for a non-resident permit that would fill some of the voids that I have now? Specifically concerned with being legaln in PA.

Thanks for the advice!
    If, for some very unusual reason, you get denied, give Florida a try we honor them here in PA and you get Delaware with the Florida which we do not with PA.

Quote Originally Posted by boonejeepin View Post

Thanks for the advice!
    Honestly as an Oregon resident you would be better off skipping the WA permit (other than it's pretty easy to get) and instead getting the UTAH permit. It's pretty much just as good as the FL permit.

The two permits that will get you the most states are UT and FL, with a Slight edge going to the UT permit for those of us in the west. Usually there is no need to get both, one or the other. Both are also valid in WA.

Determine what states you will be traveling in, get the permit(s) that cover those states.
    --
    Your second amendment rights are showing!
    http://www.opencarry.org

Quote Originally Posted by Right Wing Wacko View Post
    Honestly as an Oregon resident you would be better off skipping the WA permit (other than it's pretty easy to get) and instead getting the UTAH permit. It's pretty much just as good as the FL permit.

The two permits that will get you the most states are UT and FL, with a Slight edge going to the UT permit for those of us in the west. Usually there is no need to get both, one or the other. Both are also valid in WA.

Determine what states you will be traveling in, get the permit(s) that cover those states.
    I skipped Utah and Florida because neither gave me more states than AZ did (another poster on here directed me toward AZ) combined with my WA (Resident), OR (who doesn't recognize anyone else) and NV (who recognizes almost nobody else). Since I had to get WA, OR, and NV anyway as I go to OR and NV and they don't like to recognize other permits, there was no need to get FL or UT, both of which cost way more than the AZ permit.

Nevada really burns my boat 'cause they make you take a day long NV specific class in state, but you can get your NRA basic pistol from the same instructor for some extra time and a generally small fee. That basic pistol class will get you OR and AZ. Actually, AZ will take almost any training for their permit. You can even use a photocopy of your OR permit as proof that you had the training to get it.

Links