Men's Wearhouse

This is a discussion on Men's Wearhouse within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks for the information. Very good to know....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Men's Wearhouse

Thanks for the information. Very good to know.
    In a gun fight, you can not miss fast enough, to catch up.

2. Remove Ads

WOW!! I just found out that they are opening a new store just 24 miles from me in Hagerstown, MD. Grand opening May 19th. I can wait that long.
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

It's nice to see a couple of people up North with me who've had good experiences. Last time I went to get fit I left my rig in the car and asked for the fit I needed to accommodate. Typically in the NE it's not very well received.

I looked them up on the web and sent them a MSG that because of their gun policy they would get my business the next time I purchased a suit.

I've been going to Men's Wearhouse for many years for many good reasons. One of them that is tops on my list is their CCW friendliness. Another huge reason is due an experience I had with them a couple of years ago.

I found myself across the country with a sudden and urgent need for a suit for business purposes. I called the nearest store and gave them my name and told them of my urgent need and what I was looking for. They asked if my dimensions had varied since my last visit (they store this information in their database) and asked when I would be in to pick it up. When I told them that I needed it within an hour, they simply replied "OK, no problem, see you soon."

When I arrived, I was met at the door and treated like I owned the place. They ushered me to a large table where several suits, shirts and tie combinations were arranged. I picked out what I wanted and tried everything on for fit. After that, they made some minor temporary adjustments and steam pressed everything and I was on my way. From the time I entered until the time I left took a total of 30 minutes. They even told me to stop by ANY store when I had more time to not only make the alterations permanent, but that they would also add my CCW alterations....FREE OF CHARGE!!!!

Yet one more bonus: I usually have to rely on my wife when I'm getting dressed to get the color combinations right without looking like an idiot. I can go in there without my wife and tell them that I need three sets of sport coats, pants,shirts and ties and that I need them to be completely interchangeable. It's just like Garanimals...just match the tags and you can't go wrong. They're amazing!!!

They've got me for life.
    Last edited by enfd250; March 10th, 2011 at 09:50 AM.

Since I am now retired, I no longer have much need for suits and sport coats, but if I do need one in the future for some reason, I will be sure to head to MW. There are a couple of them in this area and I see their ads on TV all the time. I'll be sure to put in a good word for them with any of my friends who are still stuck wearing the "monkey suits" to work.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Same here locally. About 8 years ago, I went into our local MW to look at sportcoats. Before I tried one on, I told the young clerk I was carrying, and that it was legal. He said, "No problem." I was wearing a Glock Model 32 in a Sparks IWB on my right, and a spare mag and flashlight in a Rosen pouch on the left. I pulled off my jacket and tried on the new one. The young man said, "I thought you said you were carrying a gun?" Right in front of his nose, after being told to expect it, he didn't see it. I am no Ninja, so this is why I tell people I'll testify that the "ordinary observation of a reasonable person" is piss-poor. I still like Men's Wearhouse a lot, despite their cheesy commercials.

I had the same thing happen to me when ordering suits. As someone said, they get all my business.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLeVick View Post
    The young man said, "I thought you said you were carrying a gun?" Right in front of his nose, after being told to expect it, he didn't see it.
    Or, his comment may have been sarcastic because maybe he did see it and noticed that it was a Glock.

Sorry JohnLeVick, I just couldn't resist. No hard feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by enfd250 View Post
    Or, his comment may have been sarcastic because maybe he did see it and noticed that it was a Glock.

Sorry JohnLeVick, I just couldn't resist. No hard feelings.
    Touche! Since I rarely ever carry anything but 1911-types nowadays, perhaps I should go back and shop for another jacket... If they didn't spot my Rosen double rig with two 9x23s in it, then I'd have some real evidence of poor observational skills on their part.

Pics or it didn't happen....J/K.

MW has always been great to me. I have never divulged carry status to them.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

I went in to pick up our suits and I told the Asst. Manager that I had posted my experience on the internet. She told me that she doesn't think that people shouldn't carry guns, but the 'guys upstairs" made it very clear that CCW friendly is store policy and not open to discussion.
    War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

There are three kinds of people, sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves. If you don't understand this, you're a sheep.

Are you a turtle?

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    That sounds very good. I wish they were like that here.
    If they are not, I would contact corporate with a complaint as they are not inline with corporate policy. Even in gun hostile states Mens Wearhouse has always treated me well and taken my concealed carry needs in stride
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    If they are not, I would contact corporate with a complaint as they are not inline with corporate policy. Even in gun hostile states Mens Wearhouse has always treated me well and taken my concealed carry needs in stride
    I think that MW policy is gun friendly enough that complaints, especially ones that include, "I wanted to pay for gun friendly alterations, but.." Would have good results.
    LongRider likes this.
    War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

There are three kinds of people, sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves. If you don't understand this, you're a sheep.

Are you a turtle?

One thing I forgot to mention in my original post in this thread...I'm tall, and dress shirts an be hard to find outside of basic colors (blue, white, etc)...

MW has the best selection of tall shirts and long ties...the best...

I can always find numerous color combinations in my size...
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links