Does anyone else ONLY pocket carry?

This is a discussion on Does anyone else ONLY pocket carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I mostly pocket carry. I started carrying with just my LCP in my front right pocket. I bought an SR9c a few months back and ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Does anyone else ONLY pocket carry?

I mostly pocket carry. I started carrying with just my LCP in my front right pocket. I bought an SR9c a few months back and though I love the gun, I am not as fond of IWB with that gun. I find myself having to constanly pull my pants up (a better belt would probably help).

I prefer pocket carry because its comfortable, easy to access and unnoticeable to people unless they are going through my pockets. As someone else stated, pocket carry is a great method because I can have my hand on my gun ready to draw and no ne is the wiser.

I love my LCP for these reasons and I plan to buy an LC9 eventually and pocket carry it as well. I had the chance to handle an LC9 and it should fit fine in my pockets without any issues. If some pants won't accomodate the LC9, I'll always have my LCP to fall back on.

2. Remove Ads

I've got a S&W 442 that I use exclusively for pocket carry, although I don't exclusively pocket carry

Pocket carry does lend itself to the element of surprise
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Not entirely, but maybe 85%. I actually prefer to belt carry a larger piece (size and weight and shootability) than can typically be pocket carried if I am planning to travel to questionable locations. However, weather, clothing and my typical assessment of the "probable risk" of places where I usually go, allows me to pocket carry relatively lightweight pieces most places I go. I really don't like having to "dress around" my piece. Fortunately, I don't have to.

With autos, I PC the Kahr PM9 or P380......with revos, I PC the SW 442 or the Colt Agent.

The only thing better than pocket carry is TWO pocket carry Same story with me too, although i have to say i have ordered a few OWB holsters in the past week or two, just to see how i like em. bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

S&W 642 in a High Noon Pocket Grabber or a GALCO Pro 158 in right front pocket. Two Speed strips in left front pocket. All I need! I do carry daily btw, and nobody but the wife and my seamstress know. (Seamstress sews in my reinforced right front pocket!)
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

When it is cool weather i will vest carry (Walls work vest [cowboy style] does well for me).. since it is hot in Texas quite often i either Smart Carry or pocket carry a LCP or a 38 revolver...pocket carry is comfortable with my LCP..as rammerjammer says...i look forward to adding a LC9 to my carry rotaion in the future..

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zackintosh View Post
    I've also got an M&P9c and a drawer full of holsters to go with it. I tried pocket carry with it and it seems too huge!
    I have a few that pockets are too small but most of my pants can fit it well.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

I recently purchased a bodyguard 380 and I can definitely see pocket carry becoming my new standard.

During the work week I wear casual business for work so the best option for me is my 442 in a Desantis Nemesis holster in my front pocket. On the weekends I'm able to throw on my Minotaur holster with my glock 26. I'm very happy with both options, a lot of trigger time is key to keep proficient with such a small frame with only 5 rounds to expend with the 442; shooting my 26 after a hundred rounds from the 442 makes it feel like a .22 :)

In short, pocket carry is absolutely part of my EDC config.

My Taurus is the same size as G26. Fits in a leather pocket holster in right front pocket just perfect with a slight bulge but no one notices. I never have even tried IWB for concealed carry, but have an OWB standard holster to use for target practice.
    Stephen - Taurus Millenium Pro PT111 9mm
    Sherry - Taurus 85 38 Special

RKM
    I pocket carry in DeSantis Nemesis in a few different situations. Number one being, if I need deep concealment. Number two being if it's summer time, my shorts usually have big pockets to accommodate my MK40. Three, if I don't feel like carrying, I can still carry.

I primarily carry my G30 at 4 o'clock, IWB. It's my preferred method. But pocket carry comes in handy. Easy and inconspicuous draw.

I pocket carry almost exclusively. I recently bought a Taurus TCP 738 which will be my normal pocket gun after it's been shot enough for me to totally trust it.

I currently pocket carry either a Glock 26 or S&W Model 36 J frame. The Glocks a bit heavy and being a lefty the J frame isn't an easy reload.

My intention is to pocket carry the Taurus,and as needed I will add the Glock in either a smartcarry or in a fanny pack. I already have both of those and have used them with success.
    Question Everything!

VIP Member
    Almost 100% pocket carry. Rarer still, OWB or ankle. Over the years I tried other methods and have a box full of holsters to show for it. Pocket carry works for me and I mostly stick with it. Everything from a PPK, Sig P232, a number of j frames, and an LCP.

I always pocket carry my BUG (Taurus® Mdl 85SS2UL 38 Special) in one of three pockets..........
    • Jeans/Dockers® in left front pocket
    • Suit coat/Blazer in inside left breast pocket
    • Winter coat in left front pocket; if coat has 4 pockets it's in the left upper pocket.

I don't exclusively pocket carry, but I'd say that is what I do 90 percent of the time since I'm always wearing jersey shorts instead of something with a belt. If I'm wearing something with a belt, then I'll be both IWB and something in the right front.

However,.. for the last week I have had my Keltec on loan and have not had a gun to pocket carry. So I have been appendix carrying my g29 in a don hume clip holster with my shorts cinched real tight before hand. I have never really tried appendix carry before, but it actually isn't that bad even with the g29 being so heavy. The holster stays clipped when I draw, and I have been surprised that I haven't been tugging at my shorts to keep it up. Almost makes me want to pick up a CW9 or equivalent single stack 9 and start carrying appendix style now as having a free pocket is nice when you only have two! Or it may be my excuse to go pick up a g26!
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links