Does anyone else ONLY pocket carry?

This is a discussion on Does anyone else ONLY pocket carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've gone through a few different guns and several holsters/carry methods over the past few years and keep going back to pocket carry. I tried ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Does anyone else ONLY pocket carry?

Does anyone else ONLY pocket carry?

I've gone through a few different guns and several holsters/carry methods over the past few years and keep going back to pocket carry. I tried every cant angle, degree on the clock, perry suspenders, SmartCarry, different belts and it's all cumbersome and super uncomfortable. I know I know that carrying is supposed to be comforting and not comfortable. Pocket carry I can honestly say IS comfortable and simple. Of course sitting and driving poses a bit of an issue but I think this can be alleviated with training. I love slipping my PM9 or 642 into a Nemesis and go without worrying about printing, accidental exposure and sagging/pulling up pants. Anyone else?

2. Remove Ads

I have been carrying since 1981 and like you, I have carried in every position with many types of holsters finding many of both that I like. However, after training from all of these carry locations, I have come to the absolute realization that pocket carry allows me to put bullets on target before ANYONE can that is carrying in other places whether IWB or OC. The reason for this is that when I am going about my business I almost always have my right hand in my pocket and on my gun when I am in any area that places me at a higher risk than normal such as parking lots, around structures and in unfamiliar environs.

Also, I believe that if my attacker can have his hand on his weapon, I can too. So, I pocket carry more than 90% of the time now and wouldn't have it any other way.
    bps3040 likes this.

I'm with ya. Though I've only been carrying about 6 months or so, I went through the trials and tribulations of various waistband formats until I could reliably and reasonably carry that way if/when necessary. At that point I switched to pocket carry 90% of the time and haven't looked back.

I think if you're comfortable with the few limitations that come with pocket carry well then more power to ya.
    "Obviously you're not a golfer." -The Dude

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I'm always pocket carrying. But normally its with my BUG. I do sometimes carry my M&P9c in my pocket when hip carry isn't a choice.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Same here. I've been carrying for almost 5 years and have tried IWB, OWB, crossdraw,etc., and have a drawer full of holsters to show for it. I now only carry my Kel Tec P3At, Desantis Nemesis in my front pocket. It's the only comfortable way for ME to carry. YMMV. Thanks.
    Glock 22, Glock 23, S&W SW40VE, S&W SD9VE, Kahr CM9, Del Ton Echo 316 AR15.

Since I got an LCP a couple weeks ago and have been pocket carrying daily, I've been having a hard time trying to figure out why I should carry any other way. With an SR9c kept in my car, which I'm never far from, I think I'm pretty much covered.

I pocket carry due to the laws here in NC which would require me to constantly disarm and thus put on a show if I has some sort of waistband carry. We have terrible laws which almost make it so that there are more places that you can't carry than you can. Also, I have not bought into purchasing larger clothing as of yet. So me and my LCP are doing just fine. I may look into the new LC9 to see if it fits my pockets Ok.

642 in a Mika or Nemesis in the pocket all day, every day.

Cheers!
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

I do find that pocket carry is by far my most common method with my PM9. However, I do prefer my Fobus paddle holster when I can use it practically. I think I am able to draw from it a little faster, and especially when walking or running a lot, a pocket holster bangs into my leg annoyingly.

Still, if it weren't for pocket capability, my gun would be left at home most days. Pocket carry is a critical capability when considering a new ccw weapon for me.

Most days I carry my G26 and a reload in my Smartcarry, plus a LCP in my left pocket as a secondary/support side access gun.

At times, however, I do go with dual LCPs, one in each pocket.
    Lewis128 likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Same story with me. Tried the OWB and IWB gig with medium size auto's. Then tried my S&W M36 snubnose in a front pocket. Much nicer and I stayed with that method until I had the chance to buy a smaller Ruger LCP. The LCP in a pocket holster is all I carry, spring, summer, fall and winter. It's just easier.
    May we never forget those in uniform who protect us night and day in lands far away. And those in all wars who paid the supreme sacrifice in defense of our country. May God Bless our Troops and First Responders.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    I'm always pocket carrying. But normally its with my BUG. I do sometimes carry my M&P9c in my pocket when hip carry isn't a choice.
    I've also got an M&P9c and a drawer full of holsters to go with it. I tried pocket carry with it and it seems too huge!

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    I basically only pocket carry. S&W 442 or KT p3AT CT

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

As I have said, I love pocket carry, but I have to carry a caliber that is sufficient in my eyes......meaning nothing less than .38spec. So, the 642 and small 9's always get the nod for me.
    Eagerly waiting for the LC9 to get some mileage so that I can ad it to the carry guns.

It's hard to beat pocket carry. I pocket carry about 90% in shorts weather. But I wear jeans in the winter so pocket carry doesn't work well, so IWB now till summer.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links