went to look at a glock today. had a bad experience - Page 4

went to look at a glock today. had a bad experience

This is a discussion on went to look at a glock today. had a bad experience within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If my local dealers do that to anyone that is not being an ass . I come unglued (been there done that). ANd they Never ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: went to look at a glock today. had a bad experience

If my local dealers do that to anyone that is not being an ass . I come unglued (been there done that). ANd they Never get my money again! And I make sure they know it. (did that too)

We get that ALOT up here in CT. The plus side is all the stores around here have pretty competitive and comparable prices, so there are a handful of acceptable places to purchase stuff. I prefer to go to the larger more corporate stores. Never had an issue with customer service or unreasonable prices despite alot of locals complains about them. With the economy today is hard for any store to compete with others on pricing, so large chain or mom and pop stores doesn't really matter to me

Most of the locally owned Gun stores in my area must all share a common sales-person training manual. They are all equally grumpy, lazy and often just plain rude. I'm at a point now where I'd rather order from an online store than deal with them.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    You should call the shop, ask for the owner, and tell them about your experience. In the very least maybe they will look at changing their business practices.
    Calling the owner is a very good suggestion in most circumstances. In one case I experienced, the arrogant, inconsiderate person working at the store WAS the owner.

In the other similar experiences I've had over the years I usually calm down in the next day or so after storming out of the store and muttering things I wouldn't otherwise say out loud. Then, after calming down and re-grouping I give them ONE more chance and most everything works out better.

Hope things work out better next time, and yes, Southern hospitality is quite amazing. Sadly, it is mostly limited to the South (hence the name I suppose)!

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    I have never had an issue at a store that sells firearms, here in GA. They all seem to be ready and willing to help you, answer your questions, ect (the best that they know how to - sometimes even with a little bias opinions). Fortunately, I have an armory in town. They are the nicest bunch of people to deal with, and are very knowledgeable. I definitely bought my first handgun there. I will continue to give them my business, too. The only problem for me is... They tend to carry a vast selection of the more expensive weapons, rather than the cheaper ones, lol.

The local gun shop here is not to bad, there is one guy in particular that seems to have an attitude unless your a "regular". The owner is nice enough and the younger guys there, (one or more are probably the owners sons) are OK.

I ran into a simular situation years ago when looking to buy a stereo system. I had cash in my pocket, was ready to buy. I stood in a small private owned store for about 15 minutes while the guy behind the counter BS'ed with a buddy of his about non-stereo related stuff. I finally walked out. I wish I had taken the wad of cash out of my pocket and wavied it at them as I left.

Williebeaman if you post the name of the mom and pop gun store maybe we can check it out and let them know how we feel. If the name has already been posted I am sorry cause I did not read all the posts
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

Quote Originally Posted by williebeaman View Post
    "Ive been doin my research and from what it looks like a glock 26 would be perfect. so i figured id go check one out.
    Not a bad choice at all for your first gun, lots of gun owners have made poorer choices for their first guns.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    You should call the shop, ask for the owner, and tell them about your experience. In the very least maybe they will look at changing their business practices.
    After buying a gun elsewhere I'd go back with a copy of the receipt and give to the owner explain why you did not buy your gun there.

Quote Originally Posted by IWLAFART View Post
    Williebeaman if you post the name of the mom and pop gun store maybe we can check it out and let them know how we feel. If the name has already been posted I am sorry cause I did not read all the posts
    Not a bad idea, if the place sucks let us know so others don't waste their time there.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links