Phantom gun feeling on my hip.

This is a discussion on Phantom gun feeling on my hip. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Jury duty + No CC = :( Today I had to report for my civic obligation of jury duty at the district court house. Of ...

Thread: Phantom gun feeling on my hip.

Phantom gun feeling on my hip.

Jury duty + No CC = :(

Today I had to report for my civic obligation of jury duty at the district court house. Of course I had to strip my body of all specialized tools of self defense before hand. Last time I felt so naked was years ago for my daughters graduation, at least then I had a knife. Sitting there in the jury pool playing the wait game. I keep having this weird feeling that my pistol is still on my right hip. Half dozen times or so I reach to three O'clock to make sure it wasn't with me, even after passing through security. Very freaky, phantom concealed carry syndrome. Any one else experience this before?
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

2. Remove Ads

Yes. I have to check myself several times before entering my workplace to make sure I disarmed. You would think it would be a little more comfortable without the 1911, but I just feel naked.

I get that phantom feeling as well. I get it from my BlackBerry as it goes off so much for work that sometimes I will swear I can feel it vibrate even though it is not on my belt. I wondered if I would get that when I started carrying and sure enough, it's there, didn't take long at all.

Yes, it is very unnerving to reach down and it's not there!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    i got the same thing going on right now, not having a weapon on my hip when i go outside, when i walk around my sisters place, still feels like its there
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Not quite as bad as being in a rush upon leaving the house, put on the IWB holster, depart, get to destination and realize you forgot to install EDC into holster.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Phanton gun, feeling naked - oh yeah, for the last three of the last 4 weeks. Staying with my daughter and her husband in NY to help care for him. Administering IV antibiotics and taking him to Dr. and therapy appointments. (He had Lemierr's syndrome - almost died from it 4 weeks ago today - recovering nicely now.) But I digress, live in PA, PA CHL, can't carry in NY. So here I am in the second highest crime county in NYS running around with out my G26. Daughter has her permit but she's at work. I have her shotgun available when we are at home, which helps a little, but when out and about I really miss my Glock.

Talk about being on alert? I feel like a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Am I in favor of national reciprocity? Heck yes!

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Links