Buffalo Wild Wings "posted", one in Newport News and Colonial Heights

Buffalo Wild Wings "posted", one in Newport News and Colonial Heights

This is a discussion on Buffalo Wild Wings "posted", one in Newport News and Colonial Heights within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sorry if this was already discussed or in the wrong section. Was out in Newport News to see a friend last weekend, and we went ...

Thread: Buffalo Wild Wings "posted", one in Newport News and Colonial Heights

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar

Thumbs down Buffalo Wild Wings "posted", one in Newport News and Colonial Heights

Sorry if this was already discussed or in the wrong section.

Was out in Newport News to see a friend last weekend, and we went to grab lunch before heading home. Packed up the family and headed over there, and saw a very large vynal decal on the front door with large words "BUFFALO WILD WINGS BANS GUNS ON THE PREMISES" and another one that said "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED EXCEPT LAW ENFORCEMENT."

Ended up eating there anyway (Disarmed, unfortunately.) and rather enjoyed it. BWW was an old favorite resteraunt that I hadn't been to in over 3 years. So last night was my daughters first birthday and even though she only turned 1 we wanted to go out and eat dinner together. (She likes the music and they give her a balloon both times we took her.) So we headed to the Colonial Heights location and instead of an official looking sign there was a printed peice of paper scotch-taped to the front door saying the same thing.

Pretty frustrated to see more and more places "posting" out of ignorance (My bank just posted too. Unfortunately ALL local banks are now posted. Even the credit unions.)

I was hoping maybe it was just a local thing for the Newport News one which is why I tried the one closer to where we live.

And yes, I know technically Virginia doesn't have "30.06" signs and its a trespassing charge in the event your caught ,just very irritating because the amount of businesses I need to rely on to use, I can't boycott the anti-gun ones! (All the movie theatres are too, some always have a LEO "on guard". )

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    As I understand it, its tresspassing only if you refuse to leave when told by management or their agent. The sign itself holds no legal authority, you must be told to remove the weapon or leave and not do so in order to be charged with tresspass.

Anyone know if any of the original ones (buffalo ny) have the same deal goin on?

GM
    Now I am glad that I do not Buffalo Wild Wings
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    As I understand it, its tresspassing only if you refuse to leave when told by management or their agent. The sign itself holds no legal authority, you must be told to remove the weapon or leave and not do so in order to be charged with tresspass.
    In my state the sign is constructive notice of the owners intent. Once you enter the building it is trespassing.

Bottom line, I think if you see the sign and still go in you accept the legal rammifications that come with doing so.

BTW BWW has also posted in Phoenix locations.
    They don't call him lucky Ned Pepper for nothing

In my town, 1 is posted, 1 is not. I know where I eat.....

They serve alcohol, so in NC it doesn't matter. All places that serve alcohol are banned.
    Great privilege comes with great responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    True in Va you must be asked to remove you gun or youself, the sign alone has no force of law (IN VA)...........

Sorry to see permit holders are band from walking into Restruant.. That where all permit holder's need to chime in with there lawmakers and change this...

I'm from Michigan and dont have this issue, but i cant go into bar,statium,courthouse,postoffice,school,Univ, movie theather over 2500...

With Michigan Open carry, and having permit i can go into bar(cant touch any liquior/beer) I can go into a statium,but get into with LEO's and problebly asked to leave. Funny how OCing with a permit change thing...
    Well i hope some day that all 50 come to better understanding that 2A is for all... not just the some...even if they have a badge...
    XDM 40cal bitoneXD40SC BitoneBersa 380.
    NRA RSO
    NRA EPL Member
    "I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
    I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world."

I love Buffalo Wild Wings! I don't have one locally where I live, but if I travel or move again I sure hope I can find one that hasn't posted.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I have spoken with corporate and local management about this. All corporate owned locations are posted, its corporate policy. The franchises leave it up to local Management.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

You guys have more rules on where one can carry than liberal Mass. My no go's are Schools, Courts & Fed buildings, all else I'm packing.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Sponsored Links