Where to conceal in a BMW 3-series?

Where to conceal in a BMW 3-series?

This is a discussion on Where to conceal in a BMW 3-series? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had an Audi 4-series when I first got my concealed carry license. It had this great drawer underneath the driver seat that was perfect ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to conceal in a BMW 3-series?

Question Where to conceal in a BMW 3-series?

I had an Audi 4-series when I first got my concealed carry license. It had this great drawer underneath the driver seat that was perfect for stowing my handgun, a wrap-around holster, and a spare clip. I do not carry on my person all the time (that's my choice), but I do keep weapon in the car at all times, and take it with me when I see fit. (I know the arguments for full-time carry.)

Now I've got a BMW 3-series and there is NOWHERE to stow it except the glove box (which I hate). The center console is too small. There is no space between the front seats. There is a speaker on the floor underneath my driver seat. And the area under the steering wheels slopes so that an attached holster would not be properly concealed.

I have a kydex holster (actually a Crossbreed holster that I want to convert) that I can attach to a surface, if I can find a concealed surface within reach.

Any suggestions?

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    I have no idea. If you think finding a spot in a 3 series is bad... try finding a spot in an Elise. I am trying to figure a way to install a holster between my seat, the floorboard, and the side sill of the car. ...Maybe crossdraw...

in the storage area on the drivers side door? maybe a flap to cover it from peering eyes?

If there is NOWHERE else, place in on the passenger seat covered by a newspaper. Regardless of where you put it in the car, if someone gains entry to the car, it will be taken anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie313 View Post
    in the storage area on the drivers side door? maybe a flap to cover it from peering eyes?
    I hadn't thought of a flap before. The question then becomes how to draw it. Crossdraw (I'm right-handed) would work IF there is enough clearance upward without hitting the top of the storage bin. I've also thought about using a riveter to attach a flat piece of hard plastic to the underside of my driver seat. Then I could attach my Crossbreed with industrial velcro.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    I have no idea. If you think finding a spot in a 3 series is bad... try finding a spot in an Elise. I am trying to figure a way to install a holster between my seat, the floorboard, and the side sill of the car. ...Maybe crossdraw...
    I've been in an Elise a couple of times. You definitely win the "less space" trophy. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jwarren View Post
    If there is NOWHERE else, place in on the passenger seat covered by a newspaper. Regardless of where you put it in the car, if someone gains entry to the car, it will be taken anyway.
    Thanks. I'm not trying to hide the gun from theft, necessarily. Any gun that's not locked to your car is going to get stolen if it's found. I'm looking for concealed and secure place to keep it where I can get to it in a hurry but is out of view and secure otherwise. On the seat is not secure.

Google "Car Holster" there are quite a few items that come up.

I think one of the primary things you need to decide is if you are willing to drill into your car?

If not here is an interesting option Seat Carry, No experience with it myself but it may be what your looking for.
    "You can't shake the devils hand and say you were only kidding"

Man I saw the best one yet the other day posted. I tried to locate it but not having any luck. I thought it had "burrgrass" in the name. If you can locate please post the link so I can order one too. It may have been posted on another site.
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    For storage and security purposes when you leave your handgun in the car, you could buy a Nanovault 300 by Gun Vault with has a numeric combination lock to secure under a seat and tie it with the security cable to your seat frame.

For carrying the pistol concealed while driving your BMW, I recommend you check out the mountable holster solution by Grassburr Leather Works or Gum Creek Customs. I personally use the Gum Creek Customs mountable solution and it works fantastic but I don't know if your state legislation requires the handgun to be 100% concealed at all times. In that case, the solution by Grassburr Leather Works would be a better fit for you since they provide a cover for the holster which makes it legal in most states.

Grassburr Leather Works

Gum Creek Customs

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

VIP Member
    In my daughter's Grand Prix, there did not appear to be any room either. The inside of the console, however, comes out and wa-la, plenty of room to velcro a holster to the side of the inside of the box. Of course, you can't really use the console for anything else as it will get lost, but, it works great for a holster and mag holder to be velcroed in there.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Get an F-150, and carry your BMW around in the bed?

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Get an F-150, and carry your BMW around in the bed?
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

I had the same issue except I have a GMC Acadia. Being brand new, holes in my car were not an option. I realized that adjacent to my right knee would be out of the way but easy to get to. As luck would have it a bolt was sticking up through the carpet next to the console ( drivers side) but totally hidden by the drivers seat. I cut a piece of angle iron about 14" long. Drilled a hole ( near the end) and slipped the hole over the bolt sticking up and secured with a nut. This left about 13" of iron pointing forward. (still hidden by the seat) I cut down a carpenters square so now I have a short "L" shaped piece of metal. One leg of the "L" points down the other forward ( cut to length that fit my car for placement forward as well as elevation. I now have, at knee height a 1 1/2" piece of metal facing forward for any OWB holster to slip over. Bolt the bottom of the "L" to the side of the angle iron on the floor. I ran a supporting piece of strap from the corner of the "L" at an angle back towards the anchor bolt. Still hidden. Slip you holster of choice over the "L" shape facing forward. My interior is black so I bought a piece of black fabric to tuck over the gun. holster, bracket and all. It is very difficult to see even harder to tell what it is. Maybe someting like that will work for you.
    In a gun fight, you can not miss fast enough, to catch up.

i like to hide it under the seat in the smart car then carry the smart car in my pants.

VIP Member
    Maybe this will do the trick...................

NRAStore.com - Product Detail
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

The 3-series is a very tight fit. Putting anything in the leg area would make exiting the car even harder. I'm considering one of those wrap around the seat holsters that leave it between your calves while driving. Put some tint on the windows to make it concealec (if you have the black floormats).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links