Gatlinburg-Pigoen Forge, Tennessee "attractions" questions

This is a discussion on Gatlinburg-Pigoen Forge, Tennessee "attractions" questions within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It seems that I will soon be forced to visit that idiot filled, bumper to bumper hell known as Gatlinburg-Pigeon Forge. I have previously been ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Gatlinburg-Pigoen Forge, Tennessee "attractions" questions

Gatlinburg-Pigoen Forge, Tennessee "attractions" questions

It seems that I will soon be forced to visit that idiot filled, bumper to bumper hell known as Gatlinburg-Pigeon Forge. I have previously been to the Aquarium which was not posted at the time. This time we will be hitting it plus the Dixie Stampede and the Titanic musuem thing.

Does anyone know if any of these three places are currently posted or have metal detectors, wands or anything else that could possibly hinder my carrying there?

Thanks for looking and any help.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    On my last read, the Tennessee Aquarium was properly posted.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

This summer the Dixie Stampede was not posted.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I don't notice a lot of places posted but then I don't go to the local attractions that much.

I have heard a couple of negative "reviews" from local folks regarding the Titanic attraction, for what it's worth.

On a positive note, the Comedy Barn is a good show. I have been a couple of times and never noticed a sign regarding handgun carry.

...If your looking for a real good indoor shooting range there is one called "Sevier Indoor Range" just a few miles from Pigeon-Forge. Me and my brother go over everytime we visit the Smokeys. Here's there telephone # 865-774-6111. This is a new building. Great atmosphere. Rental guns, and about 10 lanes. I think they have a website? Anyway have fun.
    StormRhydr likes this.

All Ripley's properties are posted now including the aquarium. Titanic is not posted neither is the stampede. No metal detectors any where except Dollywood. I carry everywhere even the posted places I just keep it well concealed. Don't forget to visit Smokey Mountain Knife Works and Sevier Indoor Range.

I can't answer your "signs posted" question, but as one stated, if you need a break the Comedy Barn is a must visit. Lock your gun in the motel safe if need be, it's worth a visit. If the Titanic display is the traveling set up, I went to it locally and it was amazing. It's hard to keep moving because one wants to see all the artifacts. The rooms were configured to replicate the actual design of the ship. Even the staircase (remember from the movie) was recreated for picture taking.
    May we never forget those in uniform who protect us night and day in lands far away. And those in all wars who paid the supreme sacrifice in defense of our country. May God Bless our Troops and First Responders.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    This summer the Dixie Stampede was not posted.
    Glad to see they changed their ways. Was there in March last year and they were posted.
    Better to have and to hold, than to leave in the nightstand.....

The only thing I can add to this is there there is a Thai restaurant that is "semi" posted that is on the main drag in Pigeon Forge.. Unfortunately, I can not remember the name at the moment.. I was there around Christmas time.. Outside or on the door, there was no posting.. But once you are inside, there is a sign right next to their business license that said something to the order of, "According to TN state law, it is unlawful to carry a weapon into an establishment that serves alcohol.." This was after the state had changed the law.. I just ignored it since they didn't specifically state they they didn't want firearms in their establishment.. On the way out, I took a picture of the sign.. For a month I had debated sending them a letter.. Then I forgot the name of the place so I never did.. Oh well..

I am brand new to the whole concealed carry thing, but I gotta be honest, it ticks me off that places can say "no firearms". If they don't know I have it then who cares? If the law of the land says I can protect myself and carry a gun then it shouldn't matter where I want to go. I can understand airports and government buildings, but c'mon why do we have to worry so much about where we can and can't go. I guess it is pointless to talk about, but it ought not be that way......IMO

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baloo10 View Post
    TBut once you are inside, there is a sign right next to their business license that said something to the order of, "According to TN state law, it is unlawful to carry a weapon into an establishment that serves alcohol.." This was after the state had changed the law..
    Those signs are issued to every establishment with a Tennessee ABC permit. The entire sign is incorrect but they still have to put it up.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

VIP Member
    Two words: Apple Barn

It's not posted and it's one of the best breakfasts you'll ever have.

After taking my class it's kinda funny to realize that 95% of the signs you see are not legal no carry signs or they miss a entrance so it doesn't count. Speaking about SC anyways

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    I am brand new to the whole concealed carry thing, but I gotta be honest, it ticks me off that places can say "no firearms". If they don't know I have it then who cares? If the law of the land says I can protect myself and carry a gun then it shouldn't matter where I want to go. I can understand airports and government buildings, but c'mon why do we have to worry so much about where we can and can't go. I guess it is pointless to talk about, but it ought not be that way......IMO
    I certainly understand your sentiment. As a private business owner, I cannot fathom such silliness as requesting honest citizens to disarm. However, I do reserve the right to not do business with certain folks. Heck - it's one of the big reasons why I struck out on my own - so that I could choose whom I wanted to do business with. If you're a jerk, if you've cheated me or people that I know, if you walk in my place of business spewing foul language, well then chances are I'm going to choose to not work with you. They're usually shocked when I politely ask them to take their business elsewhere, but it's one of the great aspects of the liberties we currently enjoy. To take that freedom away from the private business owner would be a travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I certainly understand your sentiment. As a private business owner, I cannot fathom such silliness as requesting honest citizens to disarm. However, I do reserve the right to not do business with certain folks. Heck - it's one of the big reasons why I struck out on my own - so that I could choose whom I wanted to do business with. If you're a jerk, if you've cheated me or people that I know, if you walk in my place of business spewing foul language, well then chances are I'm going to choose to not work with you. They're usually shocked when I politely ask them to take their business elsewhere, but it's one of the great aspects of the liberties we currently enjoy. To take that freedom away from the private business owner would be a travesty.
    Completely agree with you. But I am talking about a responsible gun owner who is properly concealed and is just being "normal". I agree, if I am being a jerk, being foul, or otherwise unruly, ANYONE should have the right to refuse to serve/work with me, armed or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links