Went to court............ - Page 2

Went to court............

This is a discussion on Went to court............ within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I can not take any offense from anyone here for what ever you may say or think. It is only your opinion and you do ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Went to court............

I can not take any offense from anyone here for what ever you may say or think. It is only your opinion and you do not know everything that happened. I don't even know everything. I am not hurt or disturbed by anyone's comments.

I am not even sure why I posted this in the first place. I guess that this is one more way to get over this incident. I am going to be OK as is the other daughter.

My now, ex-wife, will never be OK after this loss. The one lost was her first born and not my bio child. I was only her Dad since she was 1 1/2 years old. It hurts and I will always talk about her and hurt a bit when I do. It is who I am now. A parent who lost a child to a stupid mistake.

I just got done writing a statement for the sentencing date to be read by me or the Judge in court. I think I can do it. (he said as he wavered a bit) Wow, emotions are sneaky.

I too am sorry that your daughter was taken from you, and that it may have ended your marriage as well. Don't worry about a wavering voice, you will make more of an impact on the jury by letting them hear your words from you. Know that others you have never met on this site will be sending prayers your way.

The wife and I just had our first child a few months ago and I can not even begin to imagine what it would be like to lose one, my heart just breaks.

Will send prayers up for continued peace for you and your daughter, and for some much needed closure when it comes time to sentencing.

Prayers have been sent. I only have one daughter and will have only one grandaughter. I treasure both and will look to the future for both of mine and yours.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Bob, my deep condolences on your loss.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by redline4200 View Post
    He was in custody for witness intimidation in this case. Which is another felony charge. It happened after my daughter's accident so that was not admissible in court. Go figure!

Thanks. Bob
    OK this makes no sense! How could he intimidate a witness "Before" the crime? Our justice system has some really stupid loopholes!

Sorry to hear about your loss. I know it's been 3 years but I am sure you still feel the pain.

As parents we tend to have to deal with the pain and troubles in our lives, plus those that our children go through.

On the question about why the court house is in a high crime area, there is actually a reason for this. It's very common to build civic projects like post offices, court houses, jails, administration buildings in run down areas. It allows the city to raze blighted neighbor hoods and the buy outs for the land taken under public domain laws is less due to the lower property values. The bigger factor though is that it's a chance to get rid of the run down properties.

Terribly sorry for your loss............

I can only imagine the emptyness you must feel. I had a daughter raped while she was in high school. It ruined her life and to some extent mine too. Proably smart that they did not let me see him. I too feel naked with out my gun. So sorry for your lose.
    In a gun fight, you can not miss fast enough, to catch up.

I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of your daughter. My condolences.

I hope that the person who did this being found guilty will give you some solace but in reality, I know that if it were me, there's nothing short of my daughter being given back to me that could even come close to it.

My families prayers will be with you.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I am so very sorry for your loss. Prayers going out that you may find peace.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    OK this makes no sense! How could he intimidate a witness "Before" the crime? Our justice system has some really stupid loopholes!

The intimidation happened last year. The death of my daughter was 3 1/2 years ago. The rest is almost too confusing to explain here. Short version: the bad guy tried to get someone to change their story of what they know about my daughter's death after they had told the investigator their story.

Now today they tell me that the sentencing may be continued until later in the month, but show up in court, just in case................ Legal wheels turn at the pace of government. Wooo Hooo!

Thanks to all for the comments, Bob

May God be gracious to you as you journey forward, friend. I know you say you aren't looking for sympathy, but the truth is, no matter how long ago it happened, you still have one daughter who will not be coming home today. That hurts. I know. I lost 2 family members last year. That will always stay with me.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of your daughter. My condolences.

I hope that the person who did this being found guilty will give you some solace but in reality, I know that if it were me, there's nothing short of my daughter being given back to me that could even come close to it.

My families prayers will be with you.
    Thank you for your thoughts. I have followed your comments on here for a while. I like your perspective.

On another note and to be a bit more lighthearted, with your move, have you considered changing your screen name to TIN_Mike? Kind of a blend .........

I followed this story all along. It wasnt that far from my house, so all accidents out here get my attention.

Disarmed Again

I had to disarm again today for court.

In court today, the Judge continued the sentencing hearing to April 28 so that the charges against the bad guy in another jurisdiction could be further dealt with before this one was assessed a penalty.

I expected as much and it will give me more time to make my statement for the court better. I doubt that I could get through reading what I had written for today and remain composed. Maybe a month of rewriting and practice will help.

When I get my chance to speak, I plan to look directly at the bad guy and make whatever eye contact he will give me and pray for a strong hand on my shoulder to guide me.

I will also try to use what my shooting instructor used as focus points in class to get zeroed in. I am not a public speaker of any sort, this will be an experience.

I am good for now. There was a moment today when I got very emotional.

I did rather enjoy seeing the bad guy in jailhouse orange with leg chains and a large belt holding his handcuff chains close to him.

I almost feel bad for saying that, almost............
    Bob

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links