Went to court............ - Page 4

Went to court............

This is a discussion on Went to court............ within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by cammo girl My thoughts to you and your family. It sounds like a tragedy all the way around. You sound so strong, ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Went to court............

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    My thoughts to you and your family. It sounds like a tragedy all the way around. You sound so strong, I'm sure your daughter would be proud.

Take care.
    That last line was very cool! Very touching. No one has commented like that. I love it. I believe she would be proud.

You actually hit on something I had not spent any time pondering. I am deeply touched and there are tears now again. It feels very good!

I can hear her commenting about it as if she were here. cammo girl, you have added to my life in a powerful way.

My brother told me the other day "it's the little things that count". I had commented to him how happy I was that Iowa now has reciprocity for other states ccw permit holders. As such, I can carry when I go visit now.

Thank you so much for that, Bob

Sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Had to stop reading this........ Just to damn heartbreaking. Wish there was something I could say or do that would help but there really isn't is there. Absolutely senseless. I lost my brother a few years back, I have buried to many people who have lost their lives needlessly. But my girls have grown up and are safe, I can not even imagine the pain you are enduring. I ride thankfully I can honestly say I have never ever ridden after drinking not once not ever. I pray this will stop others from doing so.

You are dealing with this far more dignity than I could. I'm afraid I would give into the hate and rage, even now I hope that creep experiences all of the very worst that prison has to offer. Cammo Girl hit the nail on the head your baby girl would be proud of you as I am sure your remaining daughter is. May your life with her be long and filled with joy and happiness
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Follow up

To those of you who watched this; The sentencing hearing was last Thursday, 28th. The guy was found guilty of my daughter's death a while back and this was the last step. (There never is a last step.)

The judge gave him the maximum sentence allowed by law for the charges he was convicted on. If you remember, he got off on the DUI part. It would have made the sentencing much more severe. The judge stated that even though the guy has a brain injury, the court believes that he knows just what happened that night.

The hard part was that we got to give a statement in court as to how this has effected our life and what we thought about sentencing. When you stand there and state your name and then the floor is yours, WOW does the emotional roller coaster start all over. I was shaking...........

I needed to stop several times to get composed and then tried to put some things into words.

Glad to have this chapter done with.

Thanks to you all for your comments and support in this matter. It has been very welcomed.

THANK YOU!

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    My oldest daughter is almost 40. I can still fell the ache in my arms from carrying her back and forth across the small living room of our first house, trying to get her to sleep when she was only a few months old. Losing her would be unbearable. I cannot really imagine your pain and the emptiness you must feel. I hope you will allow your faith to comfort you during these stressful times and your memories of the good times sustain you and your loved ones. My prayers are with you.

Redline,

As part of the healinig process, have uou considered how you might help others (and in the process, help yourself)? Mothers against drunk drivers? Talking to HSs about not drinking and driving, etc? As hard as it may be at first, it will help...and you can save some lives.

Just a thought...
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

I am sorry for your loss.

Sir, I really can not feel your loss. i lost my wife 4 years ago.We were married over 20 yrs and i miss her every day. rest in the knowledge that she is in Gods hands yes hurt, but with Gods help .you are in my prayers. when the guy was drunk and i picked them up.my grand kids now call me. any time.
    My PRAYS ARE WITH YOU. Just trust in Him, it will always hurt it will fade some. My God Bless and keep you and your family.
    READ MY SIGNAUTE and my avatar, please
    God Bless our troops,Pass the ammo
    carry guns,g30,g39
    1911,colt defender 90 / .45
    OLD F##T W/ .45:
    my avater is part of the reason i feel the way i do.

“You can shed tears that she is gone,
    or you can smile because she has lived.
    You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back,
    or you can open your eyes and see all she's left.
    Your heart can be empty because you can't see her,
    or you can be full of the love you shared.
    You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,
    or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
    You can remember her only that she is gone,
    or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.
    You can cry and close your mind,
    be empty and turn your back.
    Or you can do what she'd want:
    smile, open your eyes, love and go on.”

--David Harkins

I read this thread and thought of this Poem I read to myself when my Grandmom passed last year. I hope it adds a little bit of sunshine like it did to me

God Bless
    “Love is much like a wild rose, beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in its defense.”

Mark Overby

Quote Originally Posted by shyguy122577 View Post
    “You can shed tears that she is gone,
    or you can smile because she has lived.
    You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back,
    or you can open your eyes and see all she's left.
    Your heart can be empty because you can't see her,
    or you can be full of the love you shared.
    You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,
    or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
    You can remember her only that she is gone,
    or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.
    You can cry and close your mind,
    be empty and turn your back.
    Or you can do what she'd want:
    smile, open your eyes, love and go on.”

--David Harkins

I read this thread and thought of this Poem I read to myself when my Grandmom passed last year. I hope it adds a little bit of sunshine like it did to me

God Bless
    Very nice poem. I will print this and put it up on the wall at my shop. I like the idea.

I am on with my life and do think of the good times with the one lost and strive to make memories with the daughter that is still here. I love her so much. I am lucky to have her.
    Bob

Lost a great father-in-law due to a guy's wrecklessness in a vehicle...... 60 mph thru a residential area and broadsided him (t-boned him) in an intersection because he couldn't stop (going way to fast). They never charged him, and I thought they should have... several things behind it as well. I also lost 7 friends due to a vehicular accident when young, due to the stupidity of a driver doing 80 mph and blowing right thru a stop sign. The guy was never charged, because he died too.

So, losing a child would be even worse .... but the loss due to stupidity makes it even more difficult. Good luck..... hope you can move forward from it at some point.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links