...Conceal Carry in a Major Leauge ballpark..

This is a discussion on ...Conceal Carry in a Major Leauge ballpark.. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; At Chase Field here in AZ, they have posted the facility. (it's hard to see, but it's there) No wands that I see though, if ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ...Conceal Carry in a Major Leauge ballpark..

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    At Chase Field here in AZ, they have posted the facility. (it's hard to see, but it's there) No wands that I see though, if you want to go that route. You're trespassing if caught carrying.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

2. Remove Ads

30 years ago I'm not so sure I would have even walked 6 blocks from the stadium to the hotel. We live about 80 miles from cincy and we witness plenty of questionable persons hanging around the stadium (whether they are homeless or soliciting or up to something else) and I highly encourage you to take a cab. Its a enjoyable time for our family and I'm sure it will be for you and your Grandson too; I'd hate to have it spoiled.

Here's my "doesn't help you in the least but lets me participate" post:

100% legal in Georgia since SB308 was passed. I don't know if they wand or have metal detectors at the stadiums. I also don't know how many field goals are in a home run.
    Glock 22 (G2) & 27 (G3)
    S&W 686 .357 4" Stainless Pre-lock
    Ruger 10/22
    Marlin Model 65 .22LR - 1968
    Remington Model 31 16ga - 1932
    Remington 1900 12ga - 1904

I wenrt with my wife and friends to a Cleveland Indians game. I carried my snubbie in a front pocket of my shorts. I saw plenty of Clevelands finest at the gates , but was never stopped. I never saw a posting. I was not aware of a specific Ohio ordinance. I do however have the privelege of being quasi LEO status with a badge and agancy ID, so even if I was stgopped I would hope to at least receive professional courtesy and bare minimum return my weapon to my vehicle. I would research and be sure though so as not to get and unnecessary hassle with Cinci LEO.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    I had this same dilemma when I visited Cincinnati a year ago. We went to a Reds game and I really wanted to carry but chose not to because I wasn't sure if they would give me a "pat down" at the gate. Turns out they don't do pat downs and we didn't go through any metal detectors. I could be wrong but I don't think it's ILLEGAL to carry there but I do know that the website says they don't allow it. I didn't see any signs prohibiting it.

Maybe someone can clarify OH law. If I go there again I will carry. Downtown Cinn is sketchy.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Alcohol is served there making it a no go. No carry in Ohio where alcohol is served.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

After my wife and daughter were robbed and car stolen at gunpoint in the parking garage at the stadium, I have been on the fence about this too. Here it is 'illegal' to carry in sporting venue seating more than 5000, BUT, only can be asked to leave if caught. I am not afraid in the ballpark, just the walk to and moreso, from, after the game. I'm sure that there are individuals in the ballparks around the country that are armed that are not LEO's. And I agree, 'conceled means concealed'. On another note, boy that LCP is a nice little pocket gun.

Although you may not be able to carry a firearm at the stadium, here's something to consider... you can purchase an authentic Louisville Slugger at the gift shop.

Down here at Texas Rangers games, by law you cannot carry. They have stadium security guards with wand-type metal detectors, scanning a good portion of spectators as they enter, along with plenty of Arlington Police Officers and Texas State Troopers both at the gates and on foot patrols within the stadium.

In Texas professional sports,including semi pro is a no-no,I could have got away with it,but I do not break the law on purpose.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Fortunately here in Nevada there is no law precluding you carrying in stadiums that are off college campus. Can't carry at any UNLV games, but all others are fair game. Even if posted all that can happen is you can be asked to leave. If you refuse to do so you're guilty of only trespass.

To cloud the issue a little, Clark county and the city of Vegas in the past had a law preventing carry in city/county parks. That law was rendered invalid By state law preempting any laws restricting carry. However, the city and county seem to believe that their law is still valid. While you can legally carry in parks, expect a fight if you get caught, until that situation gets all figured out.

It's illegal.
    .........and the umpires are grateful.
    lackee and HoganLongfellow like this.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    Interesting. The person at my gate must have been "wand happy" because 3 out of 4 were getting the treatment...
    Possibly. There wasn't a wand in sight when my wife and I went through the main gate on the NW corner. This was about two years ago, I think.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Quote Originally Posted by Grant48 View Post
    Although you may not be able to carry a firearm at the stadium, here's something to consider... you can purchase an authentic Louisville Slugger at the gift shop.

Down here at Texas Rangers games, by law you cannot carry. They have stadium security guards with wand-type metal detectors, scanning a good portion of spectators as they enter, along with plenty of Arlington Police Officers and Texas State Troopers both at the gates and on foot patrols within the stadium.
    Yet ironically enough it is leagal to carry a concealed shotgun and or rifle. So just bring a long gun and a duster.

I was just in Cincinnati at a Red's game last week. I was having the same dilemma as you, we had to park a good ways from the stadium. I am from a small ky town and large cities and me don't get along well. I always travel with my gun and CC when and where possible. I did not know about carrying in the stadium, but it's a good thing that I did not because as I got up to the gate there was an announcement that it was illegal to carry on the premises so on and so forth. There were also Security gaurds wanding people at random as they came through and all the bags were getting checked.

Sounds like a cab, may be worth the costs.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links