...Conceal Carry in a Major Leauge ballpark..

This is a discussion on ...Conceal Carry in a Major Leauge ballpark.. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...Just wanted to know if anybody has every concealed-carried in a Major League ball game. This summer my grandson & I are going to Cincinatti ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ...Conceal Carry in a Major Leauge ballpark..

...Conceal Carry in a Major Leauge ballpark..

...Just wanted to know if anybody has every concealed-carried in a Major League ball game. This summer my grandson & I are going to Cincinatti to watch a ballgame. Our hotel is about 6 blocks from the stadium. We will be walking to and from the hotel. I'm not concerned about the walk to the stadium, nor once I'm in the stadium. It's that night walk back to the hotel that concerns me. I know that your not allowed to conceal carry into the stadium, but I'm sure with that many people, some body is bound to be carrying. Just want to know if you every have done it? And do they have metal detectors before you walk in? If you have any thoughts let me know?

2. Remove Ads

I do not condone illegal carrying, however concealed means concealed. I know atleast in Baltimore, there is no security check, unless you are bringing and bag or cooler in.

Welcome to the forum. There's a lot of great ideas and kind advice here.

I agree that it sucks that you are barred from protecting yourself and your family at an event like this. However you're looking for advice on something that is illegal and may get your permit revoked. The juice is not worth the squeeze.

Have you considered calling a cab?
    "Obviously you're not a golfer." -The Dude

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I go to Reds games and do not carry. I understand your concern but the risk is too high, along with not wanting to break the law anyway. No metal detectors that I know of, but I park in the stadium and go in from there. The Reds are drawing pretty good size crowds so if you are walking back when the game gets out, you should be OK. I assume you are staying at one of the downtown hotels?
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by MTeer View Post
    ...Just wanted to know if anybody has every concealed-carried in a Major League ball game. This summer my grandson & I are going to Cincinatti to watch a ballgame. Our hotel is about 6 blocks from the stadium. We will be walking to and from the hotel. I'm not concerned about the walk to the stadium, nor once I'm in the stadium. It's that night walk back to the hotel that concerns me. I know that your not allowed to conceal carry into the stadium, but I'm sure with that many people, some body is bound to be carrying. Just want to know if you every have done it? And do they have metal detectors before you walk in? If you have any thoughts let me know?
    there's "not allowed to" as in the stadium says no....and there's illegal as in OH 2923.121

Distinguished Member
    The last Mariners game I went to at Safeco, I chose not to carry. Good thing I locked it in the car. I was wanded at the gate...

If Great American Park is anything like Safeco, there will be plenty of on-duty LEOs on-site, as well as too many "friendlies" for any semblance of a clear shot if the excrement hit the fan.

Nope, I wouldn't... hail a cab's the best suggestion I saw.

In the stadium, the worst thing that could happen would be some sort of terrorist attack... Your pea shooter won't help.

I wouldn't want to walk back to the hotel after the game... unless there was a gang of folks (which there may very well be) going to and from the game at the same hotel... safety in numbers.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie313 View Post
    I do not condone illegal carrying, however concealed means concealed. I know atleast in Baltimore, there is no security check, unless you are bringing and bag or cooler in.
    In my state, the Revised Code of Washington states you if you possess the proper license they cannot deny you the right to carry. I'm reasonably certain about that so anyone can correct me if I'm wrong.

With that, Ive discovered as Biggie1313 stated, "concealed means concealed." I found this out the hard way when I attempted to enter a County Fair with a fanny pack and while I had my carry license I was told by the County Deputy that "we want to be the only ones with guns in here" To which I replied "well so do I"! As a result of that wonderful experience I now make every attempt to not look a walking billboard for GLOCK or the NRA (or whatever) when I carry where it is legal.

Hope things work out for you!

...Seeking info...

...Just to make sure everybody understands. I'm new to this CC way of life. I just got my permit about a year ago. But rarely use it. I'm a law-biding citizen, that desries to protect myself & my family. I pray that I will never have to use my weapon in a real life threating situation. I appreciate all the comments. But I hope I didn't give you the impression that I was actually going to carry into the stadium. Just wanted to know if anybody had.

...I TRULY APPRECIATE ALL THE COMMENTS THUS FAR, IT'S BEEN A HELP...

...THANKS!!!

Illegal to do so in TX at any professional sports venue, also applies to collegiate and schoolastic sports as well.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Prohibited in FL.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    I carried concealed into Safeco Field (Seattle), all the way into a box. My wife's purse got a cursory "look through" but that was it.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    I carried concealed into Safeco Field (Seattle), all the way into a box. My wife's purse got a cursory "look through" but that was it.
    Interesting. The person at my gate must have been "wand happy" because 3 out of 4 were getting the treatment...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Taylor View Post
    In my state, the Revised Code of Washington states you if you possess the proper license they cannot deny you the right to carry. I'm reasonably certain about that so anyone can correct me if I'm wrong.

With that, Ive discovered as Biggie1313 stated, "concealed means concealed." I found this out the hard way when I attempted to enter a County Fair with a fanny pack and while I had my carry license I was told by the County Deputy that "we want to be the only ones with guns in here" To which I replied "well so do I"! As a result of that wonderful experience I now make every attempt to not look a walking billboard for GLOCK or the NRA (or whatever) when I carry where it is legal.

Hope things work out for you!
    Safeco Field states "No Weapons Allowed". They are within their right to do this. My understanding is that violating this can land you Criminal Trespass. If convicted, this can land you a gross misdemeanor which they can yank your license for.

To me it's a roll of the dice, betting my permit to carry there. Been there several times. There's security personnel EVERYWHERE. Some young drunk fans. Work parties and families. Not exactly a hostile environment. The surrounding streets before and after are teeming with fans/witnesses and SPD.

I go to a lot of events like these and I carry a semi-cheap folding knife and leave the gun in the car-safe. It's against the rules but I can claim stupidity and they'll take the knife and let me in if they find it.
    "Obviously you're not a golfer." -The Dude

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggie313 View Post
    I do not condone illegal carrying, however concealed means concealed.
    x2

Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links