visit permissive from non

This is a discussion on visit permissive from non within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Iím new to CC and would like your input. I live in a non-permissive state. Our families live throughout a state, starting less than three ...

Thread: visit permissive from non

visit permissive from non

Iím new to CC and would like your input. I live in a non-permissive state. Our families live throughout a state, starting less than three miles away, that recognizes my non-resistant Fla CCW. Naturally, I would like the security when visiting for dinners, birthdays and the like.

I thought about traveling with it properly secured in the truck and once cross the line find a place to subtle access it and reverse the procure on the way homeĖ but this doesnít sound seem good at all. L

Perhaps I could travel with it secured until I reached a relatives home and a bathroom and then have to reverse the procedure to drive home Ė this too doesnít seem too good either L although this is all I could come up withÖ. other than just leaving it at home.
    Anybody have a similar situation? How do you handle it? Thanks for you time and thoughts.

2. Remove Ads

I have a similar problem. I live in WV about 25 miles from MD boarder and when traveling to PA I have to stop at the MD line and store my weapon and rearm when I get to PA. The distance I drive in MD is about 9 miles.
    I have no answers for your situation except move to a permissive state.
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

First, what state do you reside? That will help us attempt to answer your question.

Some states do not recognize or have reciprocity.

When traveling from WV to FL we stopped in GA to visit wife's relatives. GA does not recognize a WV permit but will allow a Non-Resident NH permit which I have.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Assuming that your state does not have a law against wearing an empty holster, gear up with the gun properly stored in the trunk, unloaded and separate from the ammo. Then when you cross the state line, load up & holster the weapon. This is not really all that different from what Ohioans have to do to eat a decent dinner out. Sure it is unnecessary gun handling, but until the bureaucrats stop putting ludicrous rules in place to infringe on the 2A rights of their subjects...
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Ex Member
    I experience the same thing visiting family. I keep it locked in trunk till I get there then when I leave relock it in trunk.

You also may consider adding another "tool" to your toolbox. Find another method of self defense that is legal such as OC spray.

Links