Do you carry everywhere you go?

This is a discussion on Do you carry everywhere you go? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Open Carry whenever I have the choice... Concealed Carry when I must... Always, wherever and whenever possible... LOCK IT UP in the car when necessary......

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you carry everywhere you go?

Open Carry whenever I have the choice...

Concealed Carry when I must...

Always, wherever and whenever possible...

LOCK IT UP in the car when necessary...
    Semper Fi ~

Eagle Scout 1975
    U.S.M.C. 1978-84
    Commercial Pilot
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Certified Flight Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Life Member
    TSRA Member

www.TexasArmament.com

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    LOL kind of on topic for the thread , but Texas needs to post better in hospitals for us out of staters with no such restrictions . Specificly Paris Texas hospital . If you go in thro the emergancy room doors there is a small easily missed plackard ( especialy with someone leaned up against it smokeing )on a wall about 30 ft before you get to the doors , no other notice . But when you later park in the regular lot , and go in thro the front well hell here is this huge 30.06 sign unmissably either stickered to the glass or etched into the glass at the sliding doors . Just food for thought when your out of your home state .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs
    LOL kind of on topic for the thread , but Texas needs to post better in hospitals for us out of staters with no such restrictions
    Red - you are right, but the default is, if it is not CLEARLY POSTED at ALL ENTRIES, you are not in violation...

If you later find the post, you must comply...
    Semper Fi ~

Eagle Scout 1975
    U.S.M.C. 1978-84
    Commercial Pilot
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Certified Flight Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Life Member
    TSRA Member

www.TexasArmament.com

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I did later find it TC and did comply ( as far as firearms go ) . but where Hospitals ect.. are spelled out in the statute ( which i looked up after the fact ), i dont know if an affirmitave defense of i did not see the sign , or the sign did not meet standards would work . I dont think ( especialy with me out of state , and former LE ) I would have had a real issue with any officers , or been charged . But ****** , post it , and post it right so we can see it and dont become inadvertent criminals LOL .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

VIP Member
    Unfortunately, I cannot carry much of the time...I'm an educator and I do a lot of volunteer work with the Boy Scouts.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Pilot
    I will neither confirm nor deny the presence or absence of a defensive sidearm on, about or near my person at any time or in any place.
    The first layer of defense is always knowledge.
    I choose not to surrender that first layer of defense.
    +1 Sky Pilot!

The only place I usually don't carry is at church. Not because bad things can't happen there but, we're a close family and lots of hugs happen there! I just hate that "look" when someones hand drops and accidently hits the butt of my SIG! I used to say, "it's not what you think!" Now I just leave the SIG in the truck.
    Last edited by Thumper; July 20th, 2006 at 02:44 PM.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Carry everywhere legal. Lock in car when not able. My young bride and I make sure to remind each other when we're going to a location where carrying is not permitted. Getting ready to travel to the UK in a few weeks, so no way to avoid NOT carrying on that trip. I'll just have to use my guitar for the El-Kabong! routine . . .
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper
    +1 Sky Pilot!

The only place I usually don't carry is at church. Not because bad things can't happen there but, we're a close family and lots of hugs happen there! I just hate that "look" when someones hand drops and accidently hits the butt of my SIG! I used to say, "it's not what you think!" Now I just leave the SIG in the truck.
    SmartCarry in church; then if someone "accidentally" hits the butt of your SIG you can say "keep your hands off the goods!".

Assistant Administrator
    Like so many - everywhere legal.

Fortunately with PA restrictions being relatively minimal, and my work/lifestyle etc - I am 16/7 with very few exceptions.

Most recent exceptions were two bike runs which took me into MD - it sucked bigtime having to go out unarmed because of another state's lack of respect for the 2A.

My piece is very much part of me and we are rarely parted.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

South of Ol' Tascosa, two miles from water, twenty miles from Hell
    I don't carry in the shower, but one is close at hand. I always carry when leaving my home and I have a firearm in every room of my home. I don't go to places I can't carry.

It's just that I spent four years in the military and two years in war.
    And after that, thirty three years in LE and I've gotten to see then worst that mankind can do. And that's made me not trust a whole lot of folks. So I either carry or am able to reach out, close at hand.
    As a friend in the Behavioral Science Unit of the FBI said, "With the people I've interviewed (the worst killers society has to offer), I'm never without a gun, no matter where I am. I'm not paranoid, just a realist."

Jungle Work

I carry everywhere it's legal. I'm a cop so I can carry where permit cannot. Still, I boycott those businesses that have 'no firearms' signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Misfit
    +1

This is the best solution. One question I have is what if you are in an accident and end up in the emergency room armed? What happens to your weapon(s)? Anyone had this experience?
    Having been an EMT, we would have a LEO come and take custody of the firearm. If the patient is conscious the LEO would ask if someone could be called to receive the firearm or they will hold it at the PD. If unconscious they hold it at the PD.
    The Dragon has time and experience. Maturity has given him knowledge, strength, skill, wisdom and inner peace.
    Glock 26 Certified Glock Armorer
    Mossberg 590 12 ga.

Again, Make sure you have a good car safe to secure your weapon when you have to go somewhere that doesn't allow carry. Do not carry where you are not suppose to i just is not worth it. The DAC Sport Safe is a great saf option for the trunk. COM makes a good one that cables to your seat. I carry everywhere I legally can. And would never chance losing my permit thats for sure.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty
    I carry everywhere I legally can, and do my best to avoid the places I can't. I can't carry in a post office, so I get my stamps at the grocery store and mail packages FedEx.

The first weapon is between your ears, and hopefully you're never without that.

We had similar thread recently that got messy, so as a reminder to all members, we do not discuss illegal carry here.
    Is there a law in your state that says you cannot carry in a post office? In Texas there is a law that says a postal employee cannot carry but nobody seems to be able to figure out if a ccw person can carry in a post office. I think here it's one of those gray area's created by the law so lawyers can make money figuring out if it's legal or not.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Doc
    SmartCarry in church; then if someone "accidentally" hits the butt of your SIG you can say "keep your hands off the goods!".
    Hummm... Ya know Doc, that's not a bad idea! I could carry the P-229 in a Smart Carry!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links