Do you carry everywhere you go?

This is a discussion on Do you carry everywhere you go? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Bass asks that firearms be checked, and then puts on a trigger lock, and secures it in a small gun case that you're then given ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you carry everywhere you go?

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    Bass asks that firearms be checked, and then puts on a trigger lock, and secures it in a small gun case that you're then given to carry around.
    Not here they don't. The first time I went to Bass Pro Shop they looked at my license and said OK go on in. Now I just walk in and go about my business.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by one eyed fatman
    Not here they don't. The first time I went to Bass Pro Shop they looked at my license and said OK go on in. Now I just walk in and go about my business.
    Glad yours is different. I advised the guy of my CCW, but the gun was locked up anyway. Damn inconvenient. They do have a sign posted that all firearms must be checked.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    I carry everywhere it is legal and minimize those places I cannot go. When I cannot carry I use a small safe to lock up my weapon as well as lock the vehicle.
    +1 here
    RKBA

John

Only where legal.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Everywhere that it is legal to do so.

As I sit here at the computer, my trusty PT-111 sits on my right hip.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Carry everywhere legal . Maine isn't to strict and rarely ever see any place posted ( except bars ,courthouse etc. ) .

yes i do.

I guess so, since I don't do business with places that bar me from carrying. There are a few exceptions though....post office, bank, school any federal/state bldgs. are honored and I do not carry there but I do not go to these placeseither......unless it is absolutely necessary!!!
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    Tes45acp

Why don't you carry at the bank?
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

I never carry while i'm in the shower or the pool!

24-7 if it is legal. everywhere that is legal, Everywhere That is Legal, EVERYWHERE THAT IS LEGAL. See my signature!!!
    Carry 24-7 or guess right.
    NRA Life Member/TSRA Life Member
    Texas CHL Instructor. www.pdtraining.us

Texas Cactus

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Misfit
    +1

This is the best solution. One question I have is what if you are in an accident and end up in the emergency room armed? What happens to your weapon(s)? Anyone had this experience?
    I got rear-ended in a car wreck and had to be transported to the hospital for X-Rays.Before getting loaded into the ambulance I told a cop that I had a .44 magnum in my truck and didn't want to leave it there. He said to remove my shirt and wrap the handgun in it and carry it with me. It worked. No one was the wiser. I did make sure I got the cop's name though.

Yep. If I can't carry in the place then I always have OC spray and or knife. I just recently purchased a M18 Taser because I can't carry to work (State). I checked my policy and I can carry a knife under 4 inches, pepper spray, and stun guns. The policy made no mention of Tasers so to me that means I can carry it.

I can tell you I do feel safer with the Taser than without it. Of course, I would rather have my forty, but it sure beats nothing.

Everyday, everywhere allowable by law. If it's not physically attached to me in some way, it's within arms reach.

The only place I do not carry is when I am on shift. No carry allowable at all. Knives are "don't ask, don't tell" also. The dept policy is a no-weapons policy. We get around it with the knife issue by calling them "rescue equipment".
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Since HR218 was passed in July of 2004 I carry everywhere. I even carried at Disney in Orlando, Florida last year on vacation. Ya never know when Mickey will go postal on the visitors.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links