Do you carry everywhere you go?

This is a discussion on Do you carry everywhere you go? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am in NC and just got my CCW and there is some place that we can not carry in (schools, banks, Bars or Restautrants ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you carry everywhere you go?

Do you carry everywhere you go?

I am in NC and just got my CCW and there is some place that we can not carry in (schools, banks, Bars or Restautrants that server alcoholic beverages) So i guess my question is how carries "Everywhere" they go.

I hope i dont upset an one for asking this question.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar
    Just leave it in the car when youre going into one of these places, unless there is a sign posted clearly in the parking lot.
    Fear No Evil.

I carry concealed everywhere it's legal to carry concealed, carry openly when I have no other option, and avoid as often as possible places where I can't carry at all. When I can't avoid those places, I don't carry illegally. I'm not unarmed, I just don't have a gun. There are plenty ways to defend yourself without a gun.

Chris

VIP Member
    I carry everywhere I legally can, and do my best to avoid the places I can't. I can't carry in a post office, so I get my stamps at the grocery store and mail packages FedEx.

The first weapon is between your ears, and hopefully you're never without that.

We had similar thread recently that got messy, so as a reminder to all members, we do not discuss illegal carry here.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

What I've found myself doing is working out how to just avoid places I can't legally carry. And, with the exception of my doctor's office (my gun stays with my wife, who waits in the truck for me) - I've actually solved the problem -- I don't need to go anyplace else.
    What if? I've got a steel box in the truck so I can always lock the gun in it. And, as Betty said, I have some part of a brain to help me!

Quote Originally Posted by Betty
    I carry everywhere I legally can, and do my best to avoid the places I can't. I can't carry in a post office, so I get my stamps at the grocery store and mail packages FedEx.
    +1

This is the best solution. One question I have is what if you are in an accident and end up in the emergency room armed? What happens to your weapon(s)? Anyone had this experience?

I carry everywhere (CCW only) I legally can, with a few exceptions.

For businesses that post "No Weapons", I either ignore it and carry anyway or avoid them altogether. If made (hasn't happened yet), I'll leave immediately and take my business elsewhere.

Some other exceptions where I could (legally) carry but don't, are a youth group I work with. I'm pretty sure it's against their rules so I don't carry.

I still feel funny carrying in another person's house (aside from family, no problem with that) and sometimes if they visit my home. I'm not sure why I feel that way, I suspect as I carry more I'll get over it.

Thanks to support from this forum, I now carry at church.

As for the post office, I've seen it go both ways as to weapons. Is the USPS in fact a federal institution or are they now considered private enterprise since it was spun off some years back? Is it just the bldg or also the parking lot off-limits?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Misfit
    +1

This is the best solution. One question I have is what if you are in an accident and end up in the emergency room armed? What happens to your weapon(s)? Anyone had this experience?
    There was a thread where this happened to another member here a while back (I couldn't find it with a quick search), but he didn't have any problems when it happened to him.

Thank you for your input.

+1 to what nearly everyone said...

Try to avoid places where CCW is illegal. If it's a posted retail establishment, there are better places for me to spend my money. USPO? I use FedEX. Any place I can't avoid, there's a vehicle safe in the car, just lock it up.

The biggest problems I can't avoid: The state of Kansas (soon to me resolved), My Sheriff's Office (In MO I have to go ask 'permission' to purchase a handgun) and business air travel (don't see this one going away soon).
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    Before the latest middle east blow up I carried if I thought I was going into a less than desirable place.
    Now I carry everywhere.

My daughter lives in NC. what a pain to carry there.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

I will neither confirm nor deny the presence or absence of a defensive sidearm on, about or near my person at any time or in any place.
    The first layer of defense is always knowledge.
    I choose not to surrender that first layer of defense.

Here in Oregon, the only places that you can't carry are federal buildings (Court House. All the alphabit groups are also in that place) and the State/County Tax Courts.

The Sheriff does give out a "no carry" list that isn't in accordance with the State law so it's more of a "scare tactic" than anything else. They won't be able to do anything if you do carry where their list says that you can't.

Wayne

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Carry wherever legal. Don't go places you can't. After a while it'll be a new routine, second-nature.

Good luck, and be careful out there!

Lead Moderator
    I carry everywhere it is legal and minimize those places I cannot go. When I cannot carry I use a small safe to lock up my weapon as well as lock the vehicle.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links