Fat Guy with a G21

This is a discussion on Fat Guy with a G21 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, I am 6 foot and about 280 lbs. I have a full size 45. A Glock 21. I have been carrying IWB at the ...

Thread: Fat Guy with a G21

Fat Guy with a G21

Ok, I am 6 foot and about 280 lbs. I have a full size 45. A Glock 21. I have been carrying IWB at the 8:30 position. Any suggestions on the type of holster? I have an uncle mike's holster but am looking for something better. Not wanting to spend a ton but want to know what you guys suggest.

I live in Amarillo TX so during the summer it needs to be hidden under a t-shirt only. Any thoughts on Crossbreed?

2. Remove Ads

im a "hefty" guy my self i love my mtac holster i carry a 21sf dont even know its there and can be hidden under a t shirt
    IGNORANT=NEEDS EDUCATION

STUPID=WELL YOU CANT FIX THEM ALL

MTAC gets a recommendation from me, crossbreed is just as good you can conceal under a t-shirt with either.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    My Glock goes in a Comptac C-TAC the vast majority of the time.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

VIP Member
    Get either a Kholster - value holster similar to the CBST, but costs less and has more adjustability or a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro - significantly more $$$, but worth every penny if you can comfortable afford it. I have the Kholster for my G21 and I am 6'5" @ 325#. It conceals just fine under a loose shirt.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Cool

This is a well made holster for the price. I carry my G-36 in it IWB appendix posistion.

photo.JPG

Side Guard Holster and Mag Pouch.

Click to enlarge photo.

Side Guard Holsters - Home Page of Custom Leather Holsters
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I'm also a fat guy, and I carry my G22 in a CBST comfortably.
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST
    Kimber Compact CDP II w/Silent Thunder
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

I'm not fat, I'm fluffy......330lbs of fluffy. I use either a guild and gouldrich owb or a cbst. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A GOOD BELT. EVERYONE SAYS IT AND I BLEW THEM OFF AND WONDERED WHY IT WAS SO HARD TO CONCEAL A G19. i BOUGHT A 311 GUN BELT AND HOLY COW IT MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE! hAVE SINCE BOUGHT A BELTMAN AND COMBINED WITH THE CBST, IT DISAPPEARS.

FAT GUYS UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

MidwayUSA.com has the Galco King Tuck on sale for $49. It is just like the crossbreed and might be what you are looking for. Good luck.

I often carry my G 21 in a Minoutar, it hides easily under a golf wind breaker.

this is a hair off topic, but i hear lots of folks talk about only wearin a tshirt cause its hot here and there. my dad has a butt-load of skin cancer and his doctor advised him to wear long sleeves year round and we found out that with a light button up shirt its really cooler than with just a tshirt, i know some will call BS on this but try it, your arms are in the shade and once you get sweaty it helps the sweat to evaporate which will cool you down, just give it an honest try. now with that being said the "cover" garmit is a non issue and is another reason i carry owb almost all the time except when wearin my bibs then i pocket carry, plus im a big boy too

Fluffy, yeah fluffy.

I like the Minotaur MTAC and it's cheaper brother. I don't remember bro's name but it is a Minotaur minus the inner leather lining between you and the holster hardware.

PM me when you find something that works. My new job requires 100% concealment so I'm looking for a new rig myself.
    Courage is endurance for one moment more…

Hollowpoints might expand, but bullets won't shrink.

Μολών Λαβέ

I carry my Glock in a SuperTuck Delux here in Tennessee and hot weather carry is just fine. Make sure you don't get the combat cut though you need the extra leather for comfort.

The Duke
    "It's time to nut up or shut up" - Woody Harrelson, "Tallahassee" in "Zombieland"

Links