I bet many of us would like an answer to this question.

This is a discussion on I bet many of us would like an answer to this question. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In the instances where carrying in an OWB, IWB, or pocket carry are not options, where and how do you carry? I'd love to get ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I bet many of us would like an answer to this question.

In the instances where carrying in an OWB, IWB, or pocket carry are not options, where and how do you carry?

I'd love to get a Belly Band, but I believe my belly is not conducive to Belly Band wear! Hey I'm being honest, like most guys my age 60+, I have a belly that has been groomed with many bottles of good and not so good brew

Many times I just want to tuck my piece, usually a S&W 637, inside my shirt, but there is no way to keep it in place. I've got a few of those Conceal-T shirts and although they are fine, it is very deep concealment.

So any suggestions?

To be honest, I never encountered a problem , other than on the beach, where IWB or pocket carry did not work. Even OWB works for 80 percent of my carry needs.

While on the beach, and in the water, I used a fanny pack with a G26 that worked well. Additionally, I like the Fobus paddle holster, used in conjunction with a cover garment for quick errands. Everyone eventually solves their own carry problems, and you will too. Trial and error friend.

Shoullder rig.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Someone already mentioned it, but a fanny pack is the only one i can think of, as long as you don't leave i lying around.

5.11 holster shirt, or SmartCarry
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Theres a reason why most people recommend a holster,but for those who want sumpin else they make a clip that you can attach to your firearm,the gun goes IWB and the clip goes over your pants/belt below is the Clip Draw website
    Clipdraw… For Secure Carry Without a Holster
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Ankle carry with a J-frame, or fanny pack with....whatever. I saw a story on Fox News t'other day, that said fanny packs are making a fashion come-back, so they may become less conspicuous.
    Sui juris
    U.S. Navy Veteran '65-'69
    Retired Police Detective '71 - '01
    LEOSA Certified
    NRA Life Member / SAF Member
    U.S. Constitution (c) 1791, All Rights Reserved.

I use a Galco Hidden Agenda a lot. It looks like a Day Runner® but has a zippered compartment that will hold my SIG-232 and two extra magazines. Even with the compartment unzippered the gun is still concealed. I've never had it raise any suspicions. You do, of course, have to remember not to leave it laying around.

Thanks guys. My dilema are the times where you have to go with a dress shirt and maybe tie, but no coat; or even just a shirt and no coat. We attend quite a few functions that require business casual or better, and the clip-draw and anything tuckable just wouldn't work well. Nor does a bulge in the pocket. So I was just wondering if anyone had experience with this and what their solution was. I recently purchased a Blackhawk ankle rig so I'm going to try that.

Another option is the kangaroo carry. Fits under a dress shirt

I've yet to encounter a situation that OWB, IWB, or Pocket Carry cannot handle except for the beach.

Then it's a Fanny Pack.

Biker
    oneshot likes this.

I use a concealment tee shirt for dress up wear and a Smart Carry for some shorts and sweats. Other than that, 98% IWB with an outside shirt works great. Hot is south Alabama 9 months out of the year so most outside shirts are Tees or Polo types. No problem....
    12 Gauge
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tawcat View Post
    Thanks guys. My dilema are the times where you have to go with a dress shirt and maybe tie, but no coat; or even just a shirt and no coat. We attend quite a few functions that require business casual or better, and the clip-draw and anything tuckable just wouldn't work well. Nor does a bulge in the pocket. So I was just wondering if anyone had experience with this and what their solution was. I recently purchased a Blackhawk ankle rig so I'm going to try that.
    In cases where dress clothes/suit and no jacket are called for (which is every Sunday), I usually get buy with my CBST Deluxe. I use velcro clips and a velco backed belt; and carry at 1:30 - 2 o'clock. This method hides everything! (NO 24/7 ProC, NO clips, NO bulge!)

If you're talking about the beach, it usually means a "Smartcarry". I've also used a fannypack. But, I prefer to have my gun actually on my person.

Quote Originally Posted by tawcat View Post
    In the instances where carrying in an OWB, IWB, or pocket carry are not options, where and how do you carry?

I'd love to get a Belly Band, but I believe my belly is not conducive to Belly Band wear! Hey I'm being honest, like most guys my age 60+, I have a belly that has been groomed with many bottles of good and not so good brew

Many times I just want to tuck my piece, usually a S&W 637, inside my shirt, but there is no way to keep it in place. I've got a few of those Conceal-T shirts and although they are fine, it is very deep concealment.

So any suggestions?
    I use a shoulder rig, have carried in smart-carry (thunderwear), and an ankle holster. Depending on the circumstances, I may opt for a deeper concealment (e.g., thunderwear) - e.g., long day, family get together, lots of hugs and such. Most often the ankle holster is for my BUG .380. The shoulder rig is my option for when I am wearing a buttoned shirt and do not feel like wearing AIWB (unless I decide to carry my BUG there at the same time).

Plenty of options to choose from - but most often AIWB.
    "To predict the behavior of ordinary people in advance, you only have to assume that they will always try to escape a disagreeable situation with the smallest possible expenditure of intelligence." Friedrich Nietzsche

CBST??? Sounds like an interesting fix.

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    In cases where dress clothes/suit and no jacket are called for (which is every Sunday), I usually get buy with my CBST Deluxe. I use velcro clips and a velco backed belt; and carry at 1:30 - 2 o'clock. This method hides everything! (NO 24/7 ProC, NO clips, NO bulge!)

If you're talking about the beach, it usually means a "Smartcarry". I've also used a fannypack. But, I prefer to have my gun actually on my person.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links