Trying to pick a CCW handgun

This is a discussion on Trying to pick a CCW handgun within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am partial to the XDM 3.8 version, full size grip 19+1 capacity in a package that can be easily carried without digging into your ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Trying to pick a CCW handgun

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    I am partial to the XDM 3.8 version, full size grip 19+1 capacity in a package that can be easily carried without digging into your hip at the bottem. XDM's are great shooters, I have the full size in .40 and its the handgun I shoot the best, next to my 629 smith and wesson. Take a look at those if you want something close to your service weapon as far as controls and something different as far as feel and handling.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

2. Remove Ads

I recommend the M&P compact. You can use the magazine that provides the finger extension for fuller grip. Night sights and/or Crimson Trace in that price range.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Seems like a M&P9c is right up your alley. Bigger but yet smaller than the G26. Nice shooter.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

VIP Member
    If you've never fondled a Kahr, I suggest you take a look at one. I have a CW9, it's very much like a single stack 9mm Glock. Walther makes a very nice single stack 9mm as well.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

I know every one hates Taurus but i really like my PT 709 - easy and comfortable to conceal - shoots well and reliable. Must say I am a SA fan and the double strike capability is very nice! Fast follow ups with very short trigger reset. Eats everything I feed it. Very accurate. Much prefer it to the long trigger pull of the Kahr's. Cheap enough you can afford a nice big 40 or .45 for home defense and added range fun.
    Great privilege comes with great responsibility.

jyo
    Ya know, I've had two Kahr CW9s for about two years now---I can't really think of a better deep concealment pistol---very lightweight, very slim, good trigger, good sights (though not night sights), stainless for sweat resistance, reliable, good grip, 7+1 9mm and shoots right to point of aim---that about covers everything---oh, and they don't cost much---unless you want to spend more and get the fancier P9. My other small 9mm, a Walther PPS also fills the bill. I go 9mm because its much cheaper to shoot, you get one more round in the magazine and the .40 is a lot more "snappy" when fired (not really an issue for me, but more so for my wife - one of the CW9s is hers).

I'LL second that motion!!
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Check out the new Ruger LC9 (?), the 9mm version of the LCP.
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

Put me in for the M&P. It's in between the 26 and 19 as far as size, and with the extended baseplate magazine I can get a full grip. It also accepts the full-size M&P magazines if you wish to have more rounds for home-defense duty.
    Current armament:
    Ruger 10/22
    Remington 870 Express 20ga.
    S&W M&P40c
    S&W 642

Quote Originally Posted by Macantic View Post
    I'LL second that motion!!
    the ruger lc9 is smaller than i want... i also noticed FN removed the FN9 compact from their site?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links