Cracker Barrel Alert (LONG) - Page 2

Cracker Barrel Alert (LONG)

This is a discussion on Cracker Barrel Alert (LONG) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The last time i ate at the Cracker Barrel...about 6 months ago...i carried ...they had no signage...but if this is what they desire i will ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Cracker Barrel Alert (LONG)

The last time i ate at the Cracker Barrel...about 6 months ago...i carried ...they had no signage...but if this is what they desire i will do my business at another place who values my protection...

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by enk5 View Post
    In Ohio we can't carry in restaurants that serve alcohol (yet).

Guess it will be Bob Evans from now on.
    When did Cracker Barrel start serving alcohol?
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    When did Cracker Barrel start serving alcohol?
    They don't, thats why we went there alot.

VIP Member
    Ok, that's one more store I'll add to the no fly's zone.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

VIP Member
    I wonder if this is just an individual managers response, as I have never seen a Cracker Barrel posted no matter which state I am in.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

So, they need to be added to the list with Buffalo Wild Wings Restaurants...
    Fast is good but accurate is better.

If this is true, my wife will be very unhappy. Now that she carries, even more so.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Mrs. kudzu and I travel a lot, both of us carry, and hit Cracker Barrels regularly. No more until/unless that policy changes. I will be explaining my position and disappointment today. Thanks for posting.
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life)

I travel a lot with my job and eat at CB a lot. I have never seen and singage and since they are a non-alcoholic establishment I never thought that there would be any problem. Especially for a Tennessee based company. I too have the question on what carry method was used and also what the corporate response would be.

My wife and I ate at the CB some where in Alabam yesterday on our way back from the beach. There was no sign that I noticed.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

That was a well written letter archer51. I look forward to reading their response.
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

3D
    I, as many of you, have frequented CB while carrying concealed - no problem. In NC, VA, & PA have not seen a sign re: Firearms carry; and have never had conversation with any employee on this subject. (NB: Concealed)

I'm guessing you were Open Carrying (unless I missed the part where you said as much).

Will appreciate hearing their 'corporate' response . . . and whether this was a local manager's personal decision for his store.

[If indeed their corporate-wide position is no firearms I'll be eatin' someone elses biscuits!!]
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Archer51,

Found this blurb on the VCDL site hope it helps...

11. Cracker Barrel's policy on open carry

I received a copy of a Cracker Barrel internal policy memo from a source who will remain anonymous. The nutshell is that if a store manager wishes to he can enforce a company policy against open carry, asking the open carrier to return his gun to his vehicle, while saying (according to the memo), "We're making this request in order to accommodate our guests and employees who may be uncomfortable in the present of a fire arm (sic)."

I think they should ask the guests who are uncomfortable with someone else exercising their Second Amendment rights to leave, not the gun owner who is minding his own business! I'm sick and tired of all this faux concern about somebody being uncomfortable about this, that or the other. If a person is uncomfortable about someone else's skin color or religious dress, should the "offender" be asked to leave? I hope not.

Anyway concealed carry is not at issue for Cracker Barrel, only open carry. Just an FYI.
    The Sentinel
    Tom
    Osculare pultem meam! - Kiss my grits!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I frequent CB, well, frequently. No signs or stated policy chnages here yet. But OC isn't an option at the present in FL.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

TVJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    I carried in a Cracker Barrel in MD a couple days ago, no sign, also nobody seemed to notice. If no sign, I'll carry until asked to leave, they have to first identify that I have a weapon with me.

Yes!
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links