Cracker Barrel Alert (LONG) - Page 3

Cracker Barrel Alert (LONG)

This is a discussion on Cracker Barrel Alert (LONG) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by redrick I would have asked, do you want me to leave now or eat and pay for my meal and not come ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Cracker Barrel Alert (LONG)

Quote Originally Posted by redrick View Post
    I would have asked, do you want me to leave now or eat and pay for my meal and not come back.
    This! Love that reponse!
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    How did they know you were packing?
    mitchellh likes this.

See? This is why I chose HotGun's quote for my signature. All this touchie-feelie crap from the bliss ninnies who think nothing bad could "ever" happen in the fluffy little world they live in ... BS!

My personal choice is to carry concealed where ever I'm legally allowed (I'm not trying to start a debate or flame war, I couldn't care less how someone else carries). I choose to draw as little attention as possible, go about my business with as few hassles as possible and get back home safely with my loved ones. I stopped going to Waffle House because of their signs (and frequent robberies), likewise with our local retail malls - I can buy what I need online easier anyway. Wasn't aware of the Cracker Barrel policy but I can easily find somewhere else to eat if it comes down to it.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post

My personal choice is to carry concealed where ever I'm legally allowed (I'm not trying to start a debate or flame war, I couldn't care less how someone else carries). I choose to draw as little attention as possible, go about my business with as few hassles as possible and get back home safely with my loved ones.
    Jack
    +1
    Except when walking my own acreage with my sidearm loaded with snake shot for instance, CC is my preferred method as well. Draws no attention...as people generally go about their business and are not scanning the area for CCW permit holders. But would like to see the corporate response, and if any others have been approached by any "corporate policy".
    ...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

VIP Member
    The only thing I would have done differently is to omit this:
    While the inside of your stores may a safe environment,
    I would not stipulate that the inside of a CB is safer than anywhere else - do they have armed guards and metal detectors at this CB? Is there some rule among thieves and murderers not to target a CB? How is a CB any safer than a McDonald's or a roadside diner or the Tavern on the Green?

A minor point, to be sure, but restaurants are robbed all the time, people are killed INSIDE restaurants all the time (21 killed in the San Ysidro McDonald's in 1984, 23 killed in Luby's Diner in 1991, 7 killed in Brown's Chicken and Pasta in 1993...), and to tell the management that you think that you are safe inside their establishment (with absolutely no real reason to feel that way), then you are, IMO, giving them "ammunition" to further restrict the carrying of firearms.

Aside from that small quibble, excellent job. I, too, am interested to hear their response.
    joker1, 3D and oneshot like this.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I would have ask the manager for the corporate office number and called them on the spot. If they confirmed that NO GUN POLICY was indeed policy. I would have to leave and not go back. BUT that is why I always carry concealed, I have never seen the need to open carry.
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

Quote Originally Posted by IWLAFART View Post
    I would have ask the manager for the corporate office number and called them on the spot. If they confirmed that NO GUN POLICY was indeed policy. I would have to leave and not go back. BUT that is why I always carry concealed, I have never seen the need to open carry.
    Open carry offers no discernible tactical advantages that I have ever been able to accept.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    Open carry offers no discernible tactical advantages that I have ever been able to accept.
    That's your opinion Chad. But on more than one occasion it has been proven to stop a robbery before it even started and in one instance that I am aware of, without the people who were open carrying even knowing that it had done so. Google "Kennesaw GA Waffle House Robbery stopped by Open Carry" and see what you come up with.

Ah to heck with it, I'll save you the trouble:
    Open carry deters armed robbery in Kennesaw - Atlanta gun rights | Examiner.com
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Well on the bright side, my diet just got a little easier to stick too, lol.

Florida so far is a concealed carry only state, but I will boycott eating there until a response is posted here.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

I, too, will be interested in hearing what corporate has to say. As has been mentioned previously, we cannot currently carry in any establishment that serves alcohol in Ohio. As a result, Cracker Barrel has become one of my favorite eating places because I have been able to carry there. In Ohio, you are basically limited to Cracker Barrel, Bob Evans, fast food joints, and a few "mom and pop" and cafeteria type restaurants that serve what I consider to be blah food. Cracker Barrel at least has some decent chicken and dumplings, pinto beans, ham, and pretty good breakfast items. If they start posting, I won't go back! Sure hope the new restaurant carry bill gets passed and becomes law soon!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Concealed carry provides for the element of surprise. There's not a single military or law enforcement tactical operation I have ever heard of that doesn't stress the desire for surprise. That's good enough for me.
    babyhulk likes this.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    Concealed carry provides for the element of surprise. There's not a single military or law enforcement tactical operation I have ever heard of that doesn't stress the desire for surprise. That's good enough for me.
    Open carry can also be a surprise:
    1. BG sees gun, SURPRISE!
    2. OTOH BG doesn't see gun (I give this a 99.99% probability) SURPRISE!

Most LEOs, both street and tactical, go into 'tactical operations' while in uniform an OCing...
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    the point of this thread is not to debate open carry.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    the point of this thread is not to debate open carry.
    Maybe. It would appear that the OP was open carrying or else how did they know he had it? Second there was evidence posted that CB prohibits OC but makes no mention of concealed carry. Here's my problem. I go to my Regions bank and see this no guns sign on the door. My wife was in the bank after that and asked the manager why the sign. He said some of his customers were uncomfortable seeing guns in the bank, I know sheeple, but nevertheless there are many more of them than us, and that if someone came in to hold up the bank, they'd shoot the armed guys first.

So now, thanks to guys open carrying because that stops all crime, I can't carry in my bank anymore. It's just not worth it guys. And this thing with OC in CB may result in the very same action being taken at CB. If neither was ever aware that people were carrying guns in their places of business, nothing would have been done - 'out of sight, out of mind' so to speak. So if you think OC doesn't hurt, it hurt me directly. I really don't appreciate it. This thing is gonna backfire on us and we're gonna see more and more businesses respond the way Regions did.

Walmart is another example: they allow concealed carry right now, but not OC.
    joker1, SIXTO and ks kid like this.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links