Cracker Barrel Alert (LONG)

This is a discussion on Cracker Barrel Alert (LONG) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I too am interested in CB's official response back. Although a reminder folks...if we aren't careful with those OC vs CC arguments a mod is ...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Cracker Barrel Alert (LONG)

I too am interested in CB's official response back. Although a reminder folks...if we aren't careful with those OC vs CC arguments a mod is probably going to whack the thread eventually...which would be a real shame if it happened before we hear back from CB...
    oneshot likes this.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

2. Remove Ads

Also awaiting the CB corporate response.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Any Cracker Barrel we have tried had bad food anyway. We just laugh when we see their signs now.

I just ate breakfast at CB in Tuson AZ Yesterday morning, there wasn't any firearms banned sign posted

I'm interested in the response also.

I find it even more interesting though that one manager tells one customer in one store that the corporate policy is no guns and a majority of the people that respond in the thread take it as gospel and start to boycott the chain without any verification of any such restriction BUT let one cop tell someone that some action gun related is illegal and no one believes the cop till the statute is produced verified, tried, and convicted.

Why not continue to patronize until the corporate office responds?
    babyhulk, peckman28 and eichhoma like this.

I don't eat at Cracker Barrel due to some of their prior corporate policies so this wont affect me anyway. It just gives me yet another reason to never eat there. I'll stick to Golden Corral when I want large quantities of yum.

Ours isn't posted. Unless they did it in the last few days. Wondering if you are getting a line that this was a corporate decision, or not.

Pls POST the reply, because if they are now posting, I'll quit going there or stop at any when I"m traveling.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Whether I was open carrying or concealed carrying is an irrelevant point. I was acting within the laws of the state of Virginia. The point is that I was told the policy was NO firearms allowed.

I did not receive a reply today. Hopefully I will hear from them tomorrow. I will post their reply when I get it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    I'm with Tangle on this one. The squeeky wheel gets the grease, only I'm not so sure I want grease.

On a side note, whenever you are sending emails or letters on behalf of gun owners, please use your spell check and proof read several times before sending it off.
    morintp, oneshot and spydad like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Just because it is your "right" to do something, does not always mean it is the smart thing to do.

I was on duty yesterday, in a room full of police officers. None noticed that I was carrying 3 handguns - concealed.

Grey man...stealth mode...whatever you call it - concealed means concealed. JMHO.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I'm with Tangle on this one. The squeeky wheel gets the grease, only I'm not so sure I want grease.

On a side note, whenever you are sending emails or letters on behalf of gun owners, please use your spell check and proof read several times before sending it off.
    I proof read it and so did my wife, and spell check was used several times while writing it.
    Last edited by Bumper; March 22nd, 2011 at 12:43 AM.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I would said, "If you are asking me to leave because of a policy that I would have had no way to know about and you didn't tell me until this point, then I am not obligated to pay for a meal that I have not had the opportunity to complete uninterrupted." If the manager said yes, I'd have gathered my belongings and family and proceeded to leave and not return. If I had already ordered and the food had not come out yet, then too bad for them. If my food had come out and I had not had a chance to finish my meal, I'd still would have left without paying. If they're asking me to leave before I have consumed my meal, then I'm not paying for it. They should have told me when I entered and ordered or should have had a sign posted. I would be willing to finish my meal and pay for it before I left, but they would have to tolerate the presence of my firearm until that point.
    oneshot and RevolvingMag like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

[QUOTE=archer51;1896011]
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post

On a side note, whenever you are sending emails or letters on behalf of gun owners, please use your spell check and proof read several times before sending it off.[/QUOTE]

I proof read it and so did my wife, and spell check was used several times while writing it.
    Could you explain what "Law carriers of guns"you referred to in your letter are? I've never heard of it put this way and was curious.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    Concealed carry provides for the element of surprise. There's not a single military or law enforcement tactical operation I have ever heard of that doesn't stress the desire for surprise. That's good enough for me.
    Then why do cops and military personnel carry openly, not concealed?
    Proud NRA member

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Tangle;1895692]Maybe. It would appear that the OP was open carrying or else how did they know he had it? Second there was evidence posted that CB prohibits OC but makes no mention of concealed carry. Here's my problem. I go to my Regions bank and see this no guns sign on the door. My wife was in the bank after that and asked the manager why the sign. He said some of his customers were uncomfortable seeing guns in the bank, I know sheeple, but nevertheless there are many more of them than us, and that if someone came in to hold up the bank, they'd shoot the armed guys first.

So now, thanks to guys open carrying because that stops all crime, I can't carry in my bank anymore. It's just not worth it guys. And this thing with OC in CB may result in the very same action being taken at CB. If neither was ever aware that people were carrying guns in their places of business, nothing would have been done - 'out of sight, out of mind' so to speak. So if you think OC doesn't hurt, it hurt me directly. I really don't appreciate it. This thing is gonna backfire on us and we're gonna see more and more businesses respond the way Regions did.

Walmart is another example: they allow concealed carry right now, but not OC. [QUOTE]

Tangle...with all due respect, can you substantiate this statement?

Please see my post # 48 in this thread. Negative OC experience tonight at Collierville, TN Walmart
    Proud NRA member

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links