Defensive Carry banner

Cracker Barrel Alert (LONG)

35K views 114 replies 84 participants last post by  Joeface 
#1 ·
Tonight the wife and I went to Cracker Barrel in Richmond for dinner. After being served a manager approached and informed me Cracker Barrel policy on guns has been changed and they are now prohibited in their stores. This policy is for all legal carry, whether concealed or open carried. I just sent the following e-mail and will await their reply to it. I will post their reply when I receive it.

I am writing in reference to an apparent change to Cracker Barrel policy on the carrying of firearms in your stores.

I have frequented your restaurants for close to 10 years and it has always been the policy, as far as I know, that Cracker Barrel followed the laws of the state they were located in as to the carrying of firearms.

Tonight, March 20, my wife and I went to Store #592 in Richmond Virginia. We have eaten at this location on an average of 2 to 3 times a month since it opened. I have always carried a firearm there. Tonight I was informed by management that I would have to leave my gun in my car, since corporate offices had sent out a e-mail changing their policy and guns were no longer allowed in the stores. Since our meals had just been brought to the table I complied with the policy and removed my gun. When I re-entered the store I double checked to see if there was a sign posting the store as off limits for carrying. There was no sign posted.

I respect your right to set policy in your stores, but I feel that as a law abiding citizen your restriction places me in an unsafe position. While the inside of your stores may a safe environment, the parking lot is not. Your policy places me in a dangerous situation entering and exiting your stores. It also forces me to leave a gun inside a vehicle, unattended.

Law carriers of guns have passed background checks to receive a carry permit, as well as the training and expense associated with it. We will obey the policies you place on us. The criminal has not gone through any form of background check, no training, and will not follow your policy. Their very choice of being a criminal means they feel they are above the law and your policies.

Unless your policy is reversed I will no longer frequent Cracker Barrel. There are many other resturants that do not restrict my Second Amendment rights. I am also a member of a forum which numbers in excess of 44,000 members, who support the right to carry. I will post your reply to this forum. The vast majority of the members feel the same as I do. That if our lawful carry is not permitted, then we will not spend our hard earned money in your stores.

Again, I ask that you reconsider this ill conceived policy and reverse it.

Thank you,
XXXXXXX XXXX

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.