Cracker Barrel Alert (LONG)

This is a discussion on Cracker Barrel Alert (LONG) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Tonight the wife and I went to Cracker Barrel in Richmond for dinner. After being served a manager approached and informed me Cracker Barrel policy ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Cracker Barrel Alert (LONG)

VIP Member

Exclamation Cracker Barrel Alert (LONG)

Tonight the wife and I went to Cracker Barrel in Richmond for dinner. After being served a manager approached and informed me Cracker Barrel policy on guns has been changed and they are now prohibited in their stores. This policy is for all legal carry, whether concealed or open carried. I just sent the following e-mail and will await their reply to it. I will post their reply when I receive it.

I am writing in reference to an apparent change to Cracker Barrel policy on the carrying of firearms in your stores.

I have frequented your restaurants for close to 10 years and it has always been the policy, as far as I know, that Cracker Barrel followed the laws of the state they were located in as to the carrying of firearms.

Tonight, March 20, my wife and I went to Store #592 in Richmond Virginia. We have eaten at this location on an average of 2 to 3 times a month since it opened. I have always carried a firearm there. Tonight I was informed by management that I would have to leave my gun in my car, since corporate offices had sent out a e-mail changing their policy and guns were no longer allowed in the stores. Since our meals had just been brought to the table I complied with the policy and removed my gun. When I re-entered the store I double checked to see if there was a sign posting the store as off limits for carrying. There was no sign posted.

I respect your right to set policy in your stores, but I feel that as a law abiding citizen your restriction places me in an unsafe position. While the inside of your stores may a safe environment, the parking lot is not. Your policy places me in a dangerous situation entering and exiting your stores. It also forces me to leave a gun inside a vehicle, unattended.

Law carriers of guns have passed background checks to receive a carry permit, as well as the training and expense associated with it. We will obey the policies you place on us. The criminal has not gone through any form of background check, no training, and will not follow your policy. Their very choice of being a criminal means they feel they are above the law and your policies.

Unless your policy is reversed I will no longer frequent Cracker Barrel. There are many other resturants that do not restrict my Second Amendment rights. I am also a member of a forum which numbers in excess of 44,000 members, who support the right to carry. I will post your reply to this forum. The vast majority of the members feel the same as I do. That if our lawful carry is not permitted, then we will not spend our hard earned money in your stores.

Again, I ask that you reconsider this ill conceived policy and reverse it.

Thank you,
    XXXXXXX XXXX
    oneshot, CaveTroll and sheepdog22 like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    If this is true then I won't go back. Period. The food is good but I can live without it.
    oneshot, tps and RevolvingMag like this.

I carried in a Cracker Barrel in MD a couple days ago, no sign, also nobody seemed to notice. If no sign, I'll carry until asked to leave, they have to first identify that I have a weapon with me.
    oneshot likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

What? That is insane. Cracker Barrel strikes me as one of the last corporate-type places that would ban lawful carry. They even have fake flintlocks on the walls.

Senior Moderator
    I just ate at a Cracker Barrel here in Arkansas. There was no sign.

It wouldnt be good for them if they posted one.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

If they post a legal sign according to Texas or AR when I go that way, I will obey the law and find someplace else to eat.

Apparently the OP was open carrying in order for the manager to notice his gun. One more reason I prefer CC to OC.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member
    I would have asked, do you want me to leave now or eat and pay for my meal and not come back.

The food is good....but definately not worth the potential exposure (now everyone will know anyone leaving the restaurant is unarmed)

Thank you archer51. Can't wait to hear corporates reply. You did a good gob with the letter. Hopefully it's just an anti gun manager. But if not I will not enter their door again either.
    LET FREEDOM REIGN NOT GOVERNMENT

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Very well stated...interested in their response.
    Proud NRA member

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    I wonder if it is simply his policy and he is trying to hide behind the corporate shield? It is a good thing my wife and I didn't go to the nearest one to my town. After driving 35-45 miles (one way) no telling what I would have told the manager.
    oneshot likes this.

How did they know you were carrying?
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by redrick View Post
    I would have asked, do you want me to leave now or eat and pay for my meal and not come back.
    +1000

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    What? That is insane. Cracker Barrel strikes me as one of the last corporate-type places that would ban lawful carry. They even have fake flintlocks on the walls.
    They'll probably put up a 'fake' sign banning those, too!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

In Ohio we can't carry in restaurants that serve alcohol (yet).

Guess it will be Bob Evans from now on.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links