Fingerprints Rejected For AZ CWP

This is a discussion on Fingerprints Rejected For AZ CWP within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Have anyone fingerprints been rejected for a AZ CWP? Now they said it could take up to a month now WOW!!!!!! The lady said that ...

Thread: Fingerprints Rejected For AZ CWP

Have anyone fingerprints been rejected for a AZ CWP? Now they said it could take up to a month now WOW!!!!!! The lady said that she did not know why they got rejected and they would have to call the FBI.
    SC-CWP
    AZ-CWP
    I rather be safe then sorry.
    It's better to have it when you need it then need it and dont have it.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Could be smudged, I have had this problem as I have to carry an adjuster's license in all states and that requires lots of fingerprinting. I have had some rejected needing to be redone.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Could be smudged, I have had this problem as I have to carry an adjuster's license in all states and that requires lots of fingerprinting. I have had some rejected needing to be redone.
    That is my bet. Did they do them with a scan or the old ink way?

VIP Member
    Its a problem that crops up everywhere, and has nothing to do with AZ per se. Just get another set and resubmit.

Mine were rejected during my last renewal. They were the old style ink prints. My local police took a new set for me with their scanner, I think for ten bucks. It probably took all of ten minutes including the time I waited for the officer to finish up with someone ahead of me.

I do wonder why the DPS requires two complete sets of ten for renewals. You'd think a couple of thumb prints would be sufficient to guarantee the applicant is the same person who was previously printed; and those prior prints are on file I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by jbum View Post
    That is my bet. Did they do them with a scan or the old ink way?

We took our fingerprint card to the local police dept they did them with ink. No problems with mine only with hers.
    SC-CWP
    AZ-CWP
    I rather be safe then sorry.
    It's better to have it when you need it then need it and dont have it.

Ya just gotta ride the wave, you are at their mercy right now. Dont stress

Officer who printed me used the wrong color ink, ending up taking nearly 8 months to get my permit by the time they sorted it all out and lost my paperwork a few times.

My first set were rejected and had to be retaken at the state level. Oklahoma's process is the Sheriff sends your prints to OSBI and they forward them to the FBI. The prints taken by the Sheriffs department were rejected by OSBI. So I drove from Tulsa to Oklahoma City and had OSBI take my prints. That cut weeks off the process. I discovered that working with paper for years wore down the ridges on my finger tips. The people at OSBI treated my fingers with Corn Huskers and then scanned my prints. It worked! Once you have the license don't let it lapse.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

In my area, you can go to a UPS store and have them scanned. Got the permit from the state in about three weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    In my area, you can go to a UPS store and have them scanned. Got the permit from the state in about three weeks.
    That is 1 good thing in Tennessee they require the scanned prints pretty much eliminates screw ups.

Most likely were smudged... and didn't show the detail they felt they wanted. Some people are more picky than others. They didn't like mine the last time, and I suggested they just check the FBI as they already have them, they did... and were then happy knowing they had them.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Bummer. Usually a smudge causes a rejection. I sent my application on March 10th, issued on March 16th and in my mailbox on March 19th and that was from out of state.

Had the same problem in AZ. Got my prints done at the Green Valley Sheriff's Aux. The prints were taken electronically and then transferred to the print card. After a couple of weeks with out hearing from DPS, I called. The DPS lady told me that there was a problem with my prints and that it would take a few weeks to clear up the back log on her desk. In the mean time my wife had hers in about ten days. Had to take some jabs from the wife while I waited for my permit. It finally arrived 61 days after I submitted the paperwork.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

Sponsored Links