Got Made...Good experience

This is a discussion on Got Made...Good experience within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I dropped my car at Big O Tires and walked home. On my way back to Big O, I hopped the fence, my house ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Got Made...Good experience

So I dropped my car at Big O Tires and walked home. On my way back to Big O, I hopped the fence, my house is right behind the store, but didn't check to see if I was still covered.

I went in and paid and noticed one of the employees outside talk to another employee and point in my general direction. I checked and found my shirt had ridden up and my sidearm was displayed, so I covered back up.

When I went out to get my car, the employee who had initially pointed at me asked what kind of holster I had.

So I told him I carry a SA XD SC 9MM in a Crossbreed SuperTuck, gave him a better view by lifting my shirt over the gun, then got in my car and drove off.

Only way this could have gone better is if I hadn't ever lost my cover.

I usually (95%) tuck my shirt in around my gun, but was going a bit more casual today.
    ~Coriantan~

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." * "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

VIP Member
    No big deal. I've been made a few times over the years. It happens. Don't worry about it, you are legal.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

VIP Member
    I have two holsters that I use.
    one is a De santis cozy partner, and the second is a no brand Italian leather single clip.
    I sometimes ,(although they are technically not tuckable) tuck my shirt in around the holster and pistol.
    Other times I just leave the shirt-tail untucked, but only a couple times have I caught myself exposed, before being busted.

Michigan is open carry but I typically like to fly under the radar , and don't like confrontation or shrieks from panicky people.

You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of
    brass." - Trooper M. Padgett
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

+1 on the DeSantis Holster...I love the way it conceals the weapon and once broken in I barely know it's even there

I find my self with my CBST not covering my gun, now and again. Just my opinion but I think a partially concealed gun has less shock factor that one worn western style. I don't open carry to shock or frighten people I just want them to see a person with a gun in a normal enviornment and not as a criminal.
    In a gun fight, you can not miss fast enough, to catch up.

Carrying in a good holster definitely helps, IMO. Most people don't even know there are things like in waistband holsters. They probably assume everyone who conceal carries carries "Mexican" style, in the front of their pants or at the small of back.
    Marc1103 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    at the small of back.
    Magnum PI style. Since we are giving them names.

Don't sweat it. The guy probably carries too.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I made a guy at work once and told him his shirt was completely up over his gun, he looked a little freaked out until I started talking to him about holsters etc and he realized I was just making conversation and not about to dial 911.

I have developed a pattern of whenever I standup,get out of a vehicle,stretch,squat I run my hands under my shirt to make sure its down and not draped over my mags or gun butt,I carry 1911 owb 9 o'clock with dbl mag pouch at about 3 o'clock,doesn't take too much to show leather
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Not a real bad way to be made. At least no one was freaking out.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Just saying "Crossbreed SuperTuck" may have sufficed, since he asked about the holster.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Lions and tigers and MWAG...Oh, my!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    I have two holsters that I use.
    one is a De santis cozy partner, and the second is a no brand Italian leather single clip.
    I sometimes ,(although they are technically not tuckable) tuck my shirt in around the holster and pistol.
    Other times I just leave the shirt-tail untucked, but only a couple times have I caught myself exposed, before being busted.

Michigan is open carry but I typically like to fly under the radar , and don't like confrontation or shrieks from panicky people.

You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of
    brass." - Trooper M. Padgett

Which NEVER happens
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

I think you lucked out. I've been to stores and restaurants where folks, especially the younger adults, would be more squeemish and perhaps contact the store's manager ... an ordeal I'd rather not deal with though easy enough with a CCW card.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Having worked for years at the front counter of several automotive service repair shops, and even worked as a technician for a couple of those years...You probable weren't the only one carrying there.

Glad no "MAN WITH A GUN" calls were made or anything.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links