Did he handle the Situation Correctly?? (Sorry it's soo long)

This is a discussion on Did he handle the Situation Correctly?? (Sorry it's soo long) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No weapons charges...Something is missing from this story, something big, really big. Just reading the OP, the whole thing could have and should have been ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Did he handle the Situation Correctly?? (Sorry it's soo long)

No weapons charges...Something is missing from this story, something big, really big.

Just reading the OP, the whole thing could have and should have been avoided - READ No confrontation, no incident.

Fail on all parties.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Know when to walk away.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    Sounds like it was handled poorly by all participants.

Pool dummy, at the age of 62 should have had enough common sense to let the Peta idiots get his plate #, Hell I would have given it to them.
    In a situation like that(they wanted to report him to the police for driving at them), the police would not have been able to do a thing.
    It sounded as though the time-wasting-slacker Peta chumps were there in PA for something else, and their beef with him started when he allegedly drove at them.
    I hate those In-your-face-type-protesting-their-way-or-the-highway FOOLS

They always seem all to happy to push things to the next level, as in the altercation with Olsen.
    If some dummy cuts me off, I get pissed, and if I roll up to a light next to them, I shoot them a disgusted look, like, way to go Skippy, but leave it at that.
    I don't follow them to get their plate #".
    For God's sake, get over it

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

but pulling a gun in a non-life threatening situation was done for the purposes of intimidation
    Correct. Doesn't matter if you don't like protesters. All that matters is that Olsen drew his weapon, and brandished it, and pointed it, and threatened a couple of people with it, without cause. Here in Fla., that's a mandatory 3-year prison sentence, no exceptions.

Another point worth mentioning is that this video begins with a car chase. There's a reason so many people who try to run from the cops wind up with facial injuries - car chases are high-adrenaline affairs, and are prone to ending in violence. Any LEO on this forum can confirm that. So I see in the article that the followers are being charged with some kind of misdemeanor for that ("following in public"), and that's fine. But Olsen should serve some hard prison time for criminal misuse of a firearm.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Finally someone else see's what I see...

I recently came acrossed your post during an online search of SHARK founder MR. Hindi. I have been defending myself and my hometown For over a year against this man on YOUTUBE....
    I grew up in Pendleton Oregon, Home of the 100 year old Pendleton Round up, Mr. Hindi has posted video's of the Round up alleging animal abuse. While I admitt that animals sadly do get hurt I also have attended these events through out my childhood as it is a very small town. I pointed out to Mr. Hindi that the use of the Round up logo and slogan is illegal as they are registered trademarks,
    he sited that ACLU would defend him in anything he does.
    He has resorted to "cyber Bullying" and verbal abuse too. Slandered my own name as well. I realize these are two different cituations, but as per my own dealings with Mr. Hindi I can most certainly tell you that he will do what ever it takes to get his way, He would rather a human being die before any animal. While i fully support animal rights and the people whom defend them. The SHARK orginization has never contacted the Pendleton Round up assn. or the other parties involved to obtain their statements I know this for a fact because I called the Round up assn and they were un aware the man even existed.
    He claims that The round up originizers shock the horses but in the video in question the mans sleeve of the hand Hindi states is using a device to shock the horse is different shade of grey then the rest. further more the ASPCA sits on the sidelines ready for any emergency.

I don't mean to drag on but this has been an issue i have dealt with alone for over a year. I contacted the ACLU and they stated they in no way condone Hindi's actions on youtube of allowing people to be threatened or the slander and illegal use of Trademarked items.
    so Yes Hindi went too far. On his own site he doesn't ever state that he was arrested only that the other guy needed to me arrested.
    if your looking for a criminal he's your man....
    respectfully
    Jennifer Nein

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    No weapons charges...Something is missing from this story, something big, really big.

Just reading the OP, the whole thing could have and should have been avoided - READ No confrontation, no incident.

Fail on all parties.
    The part of the story missing is that MR. Hindi was harrassing olsen and chasing him in a car following him and violating his rights. I don't agree with the pulling of the firearm but as per my own dealings with Mr. hindi i can certainly understand why he did. Hindi will stop and near nothing to get his own way legal or illegal. he resorts to things rather childish and abusive when valid points are brought up against his opinion.
    He leaves out his own criminal actions from his posts so his readers don't realize that he has gone as far as to threaten other's lives, now I am an animal lover myself but no human life is worth less then that of an animal.
    He has also resorted to slandering and acuseing the US Navy seals of animal abuse and the Oregon Air national guard and Chatholic church affiliated hospitals. The man thinks he can walk all over the US Bill of rights and Us Constitution and that he will get away with it...
    personally I hope this stops him....
    until he is stopped I will definitly be there to oppose him and his actions that are illegal....

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    Correct. Doesn't matter if you don't like protesters. All that matters is that Olsen drew his weapon, and brandished it, and pointed it, and threatened a couple of people with it, without cause. Here in Fla., that's a mandatory 3-year prison sentence, no exceptions.

Another point worth mentioning is that this video begins with a car chase. There's a reason so many people who try to run from the cops wind up with facial injuries - car chases are high-adrenaline affairs, and are prone to ending in violence. Any LEO on this forum can confirm that. So I see in the article that the followers are being charged with some kind of misdemeanor for that ("following in public"), and that's fine. But Olsen should serve some hard prison time for criminal misuse of a firearm.
    Here in Montana he would be facing some serious time as well for pulling his firearm, without justifiable cause. He had a friend with him who could have called 911 about PETA members chasin him down in their vehicle. Like what was stated before, there is more to this story that has not been forthcoming, and still remains to be seen.
    "Trouble Never Makes An Appointment"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links