Coca-Cola store

This is a discussion on Coca-Cola store within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's my understanding that Coca Cola isn't worried about their secret recipe. If someone knew it and copied the drink, they still couldn't make a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Coca-Cola store

It's my understanding that Coca Cola isn't worried about their secret recipe. If someone knew it and copied the drink, they still couldn't make a dent in Coke's business because Coke has such economy of scale, the imitator couldn't possibly manufacture and distribute the product at so low a price and with such quality of service. It would be financial suicide.

I'd compare it to irate citizens who talk of storming Washington, D.C. with torches and pitchforks. Nice thought, but have you ever seen those videos at Apacheclips?
    I went to buy some camouflage pants, but I couldn't find any.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by aelancaster View Post
    Did not even look for a sign. My question was why all the security for what amounts to a gift shop with a seperate entrance. The world of Coke museum I kinda get the security for that but not a gift shop.
    Obviously they have the formula for classic coke there and need to protect it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
    It's my understanding that Coca Cola isn't worried about their secret recipe. If someone knew it and copied the drink, they still couldn't make a dent in Coke's business because Coke has such economy of scale, the imitator couldn't possibly manufacture and distribute the product at so low a price and with such quality of service. It would be financial suicide.
    Believe I was watching Modern Marvels (or some such show) and while the recipe is pretty widely known now, Coca-cola is the only company with permission from the Feds to grow and use spent Coca leaves and that it would be nearly impossible for anyone else to get that type of permission today.
    A dozen means twelve, learn to count bakers! - Stephen Colbert

Colt 1991A1 and S&W M&P 45 Compact

My grandfather and uncles where in the syrup manufacturing business many years ago. My uncles were able to make "coke a cola" just by taste.

Quote Originally Posted by jcaramis View Post
    ... Coca-cola is the only company with permission from the Feds to grow and use spent Coca leaves ...
    Modern Marvels might want to do some fact-checking. Coke has been coke free since 1929...and while I do not know this for a fact, I'd really doubt that the Feds really allow Coke to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by gdkenoyer View Post
    Modern Marvels might want to do some fact-checking. Coke has been coke free since 1929...and while I do not know this for a fact, I'd really doubt that the Feds really allow Coke to do that.
    Food and cosmetic industry uses an extract of coca that has no cocaine in it. I think that coke supposeedly uses it in their flavoring. Think red bull does too.

If I am not allowed to protect myself and my family with the tool best suited for it, then there's nothing in any building that I need to see. And they don't deserve any of my hard earned money. Period.
    oneshot likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    If I am not allowed to protect myself and my family with the tool best suited for it, then there's nothing in any building that I need to see. And they don't deserve any of my hard earned money. Period.

AMEN !

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Ala Dan View Post
    Anybody drink "RC Cola" and eat "Moon Pies"; there is nothing like it~!
    I'm with you on that! Besides, the secret formula for Coke is add suger to Pepsi, but don't tell anyone.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by gdkenoyer View Post
    Hence the spent leaves. Therefore no actual cocaine, however flavor from the leaves themselves.
    A dozen means twelve, learn to count bakers! - Stephen Colbert

Colt 1991A1 and S&W M&P 45 Compact

Quote Originally Posted by jcaramis View Post
    Hence the spent leaves. Therefore no actual cocaine, however flavor from the leaves themselves.
    My bad, you may be right (the reliability of Wikipedia not withstanding): Coca-Cola Formula.

I'd never be anywhere in downtown ATL without my firearm for protection. As others have said, if my gun is not welcome, then I don't need to go there..
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" Clemenza

Quote Originally Posted by Ala Dan View Post
    Anybody drink "RC Cola" and eat "Moon Pies"; there is nothing like it~!

There's nothing like a good Ice Cold Royal crown soda. I perfer yodells over moon pies thou. And I stand corrected there is something better than a good cold RC and Yodell's and that is a second serving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links