Going to lunch at the site of shooting...

This is a discussion on Going to lunch at the site of shooting... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am getting ready to go to lunch at a local steakhouse with my in-laws. It was the site of a shooting a couple years ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Going to lunch at the site of shooting...

I am getting ready to go to lunch at a local steakhouse with my in-laws. It was the site of a shooting a couple years ago.
    I am not worried at all but I do think I am going to pack an extra magazine.
    What do you guys do when heading to the location of an incident?

Later guys!
    oh PS.... Shooting at Steiner Ranch Steakhouse | KXAN.com

I do the same as if I'm passing a spot on the highway where an accident took place a couple of years ago - nothing special. I don't put an extra tool or spare tire in the trunk, but I might be a little more aware of the location and its history.
    oneshot likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I do the same as if I'm passing a spot on the highway where an accident took place a couple of years ago - nothing special. I don't put an extra tool or spare tire in the trunk, but I might be a little more aware of the location and its history.
    ++1
    And the old man said, "We'll see..."

Nothing special, if you're worried that much you should always carry a spare mag bad things happen any time, anywhere. There's a local restaurant that was held up at gunpoint twice a few years ago I'm always a little more alert in there just because its in a sketchy area.

While awareness of past events doesn't hurt, my thoughts are usually on the next possible event rather than the last.
    Old School likes this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

VIP Member
    No need to do anything out of the ordinary, in my opinion. An extra magazine isn't going to stop something bad from happening.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    I'd have a moment of silence for the victims then proceed business as usual, prepared like I am in my kitchen, grocery store, beauty shop.

Sounds good. Everything went fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    While awareness of past events doesn't hurt, my thoughts are usually on the next possible event rather than the last.
    + 1........ Learn from the past, plan for the future and live for today.
    IWLAFART likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Same here prior events are over and done with, now if it were an area known for shootings I may reconsider my choice of locations.
    IWLAFART likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    packing an extra magazine is always a good idea, however the fact that something has happened there does not mean something will again. In my opinion taking extra ammo BECAUSE there was shooting there a few years ago and worrying one will happen again is like taking a rifle to gettysburg because there was once a battle from a war fought there and one may happen again. Always carry a spare mag, never dictate your response on the past, learn the lessons from the past and incorporate them into the present.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

This is just me, but if I felt I might need an extra mag.......I would not go. My situational awareness would dictate that I stay away.

We eat at this one place where a guy walked in with a shot gun and shot a girl in the head. I never really give it much thought when we are there. As for extra mags, I always carry one or two extra, depending on what I have concealed.
    It's not the destination, it's the journey.

I'd pick a different steakhouse in a different neighborhood.

I'm sure some one has gott'n sick from the food there in the past, like Jack in the box or Burger King. But you know what people do go back. Just like the spots on the freeway where a collision has taken place we still drive by, with out freaking out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links