Extra mags

This is a discussion on Extra mags within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Several years ago, I was carrying one of my spare mags, a Chip McCormick with welded baseplate, as I recall, in a vest pocket. I ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Extra mags

Several years ago, I was carrying one of my spare mags, a Chip McCormick with welded baseplate, as I recall, in a vest pocket. I noticed something rattling, and felt in my pocket. Loose rounds, loose spring, detached baseplate. Spontaneous, too; not dropped, bumped, etc. Mechanical devices sometimes fail, and no mechanical portion of a pistol fails more often than magazines do.

Oh, and FWIW, both Glock and an aftermarket supplier or two make "+2" baseplates, and some make even longer ones.

2. Remove Ads

I usually carry my Glock 19 with ONE in the pipe and an empty magwell because I'm that darn good.

I'm kidding, of course.

I always carry at least one spare mag. Ever since I received my Pure Kustom double and single mag pouches, that is all that I use. They hold them very close to the body and are canted at the perfect angle for a clean, fast reload. I am currently waiting for a single and a double for my Glock 36. Can't wait.

I always recommend to carry a spare mag when asked by a newbie. To each his own.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links