Envy from UK

Envy from UK

This is a discussion on Envy from UK within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got off phone chatting to a real old buddy from there. Had heard thru grapevine his Dad had died so called him. I used ...

Thread: Envy from UK

Assistant Administrator

Envy from UK

Just got off phone chatting to a real old buddy from there. Had heard thru grapevine his Dad had died so called him. I used to see him at my old gun club now and again.

He was not a very regular shooter but had some nice handguns - all of which like mine ''went'' Needless to say chat went to gun stuff and we discussed the absurdity of the gun control there etc.

What he did NOT realize, guess he never had - was that we have CCW.! I told him I had carried near five years, daily. He was in awe and so very envious.

This was particularly pertinent it so happens as he was on the receiving end of a mugging and knife attack coupla years back and still remembers how defenceless he felt, and was. He was all but uninjured but still feels intense anger that he, his friends and family - everyone in fact - have no options at all to defend themselves properly.

I feel so sorry for him and so many others - responsible law abiding folks who deserve better. We should count our blessings and continue to do everything to preserve and even extend them.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar
    The situation in the UK is a sad one indeed. I cant imagine life without firearms. Furthermore, I cant imagine feeling so defenseless.

Yet another reason to join a pro-gun orgainization and actively fight for your rights.
    Fear No Evil.

To bad your friend couldn't get to the states to start anew if he wanted.... I feel for those folks.

Sponsored Links