Add Another to the List!

This is a discussion on Add Another to the List! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am in a small musical group that meets one evening a week to jam. One of the guitarists has been in the process of ...

Thread: Add Another to the List!

Add Another to the List!

I am in a small musical group that meets one evening a week to jam. One of the guitarists has been in the process of obtaining his WV permit and he told me that it finally came!

He was telling me that his wife thinks he's crazy for getting it and carrying. I told him to tell her that my wife has her permit and the LCP accompanies her everywhere it's legal to do so.

The first time he carried was to a local restaurant and his wife remarked, "Are you afraid of something in here?" His response was priceless when he said, "No, it's what might be lurking out in the parking lot!"

I told him of this site and he may be joining up with us soon!
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

Maybe this is a little bit off topic, but I am reminded how blessed I am to have a wife who is supportive and morally and philosophically on the "same page" as I am. It's sad when husbands and wives can't get along.

Good for your friend though. Hopefully he will never be forced to have to use that weapon. We'll be looking out for the "new guy" from West Virginia.

It's good that he's prepared. If all goes well, he'll never have to use it, if it doesn't at least he has a chance!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Sounsd great!. My wife grew up around guns so she is totally cool with it. I thik eventually she would want her own permit but we have to buy her a gun first.

Congrats. I am new to the fold as well and enjoy this forum very much, your friend will too

Tell your friend to tell his wife what I jokingly tell my girlfriend when she balks at my carrying. "Fine, if something happens I'll be sure to only protect myself and you can fend for yourself. Good luck honey."

I forgot to mention the other scenario. Where friends who don't own any guns say to me about a shtf scenario "if that happens I'm coming to your house."

And I jokingly tell them " fine, but I'll be shooting at you too". If people don't choose to arm themselves for defense fine, that's their choice. But don't expect me to come to the rescue. I'm not a cop.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    I am in a small musical group that meets one evening a week to jam. One of the guitarists has been in the process of obtaining his WV permit and he told me that it finally came!

He was telling me that his wife thinks he's crazy for getting it and carrying. I told him to tell her that my wife has her permit and the LCP accompanies her everywhere it's legal to do so.

The first time he carried was to a local restaurant and his wife remarked, "Are you afraid of something in here?" His response was priceless when he said, "No, it's what might be lurking out in the parking lot!"

I told him of this site and he may be joining up with us soon!
    Have his wife do a google search for "restaurant shooting". Restaurant's aren't a "Olly olly oxen free" zone by any means!

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by derbow View Post
    ... I am reminded how blessed I am to have a wife who is supportive and morally and philosophically on the "same page" as I am. It's sad when husbands and wives can't get along.
    Agreed..
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    I love the logic of "Are you afraid of something in here?" That's like asking someone who wears glasses: "Is there really something you need to see in here?" My wife has come around to understanding the reason why I carry and, while she's not yet ready to carry, she understands why it's important.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Thanks for the great responses.

In my original post, I forgot to mention that I told him of the "Wally Walk". You know, the unofficial rite-of-passage we here at DC do when we get our carry permits. He thought it was hilarious, but then said, "I think I'm going to do that." I mentioned the "tactical map" and what was required.

Look out Wal-Mart, another armed citizen is fast approaching!

Good job on directing your friend to such an informative forum.
    As far as the Wally World Walk goes, I know it's sometimes joked about getting a certificate for completing it. Maybe DC should consider actually making some up and selling them to help maintain the site. I think I'd be willing to pay $10 for one.

This brings me to my next topic; what did you all do with your cpl/ccw certificate?
    I carry my CPL card in my wallet obviously, but when I completed the course we got an 8-1/2 x 11 certificate. It doesnt actually say consealed pistol license on it, it just states that you have completed the training required under statute yada yada.
    I figured why not. so I framed it and have it hanging in my home office next to a couple of other awards I'm pretty proud of. If someone were to ask what it was for depending on who they were I could tell them or just say it was a course I took.

Now I need to make room for the Defensive Carry Wally World Walk certificate!

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    Good job on directing your friend to such an informative forum.
    As far as the Wally World Walk goes, I know it's sometimes joked about getting a certificate for completing it. Maybe DC should consider actually making some up and selling them to help maintain the site. I think I'd be willing to pay $10 for one.

This brings me to my next topic; what did you all do with your cpl/ccw certificate?
    I carry my CPL card in my wallet obviously, but when I completed the course we got an 8-1/2 x 11 certificate. It doesnt actually say consealed pistol license on it, it just states that you have completed the training required under statute yada yada.
    I figured why not. so I framed it and have it hanging in my home office next to a couple of other awards I'm pretty proud of. If someone were to ask what it was for depending on who they were I could tell them or just say it was a course I took.

Now I need to make room for the Defensive Carry Wally World Walk certificate!
    License cards vary from state to state. WV issues a large certificate but we also have a laminated card with an optional photo to keep with us. My non-resident New Hampshire permit is made like a credit card. I believe Gary Slider's site at hangunlaw.us has photos of some permits.

Links