Manager said we better bring our guns :)

This is a discussion on Manager said we better bring our guns :) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I work for one of the top 5 or 6 defense contractors and we recently lost a contract where we are working in the client's ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Manager said we better bring our guns :)

I work for one of the top 5 or 6 defense contractors and we recently lost a contract where we are working in the client's spaces. Due to the contract loss we are standing up a new office in the local area.

One of the goals is to keep the cost down while we chase new work in this business area so, we are looking at inexpensive real estate.

During the weekly supervisor meeting this morning we were discussing the areas of town that they are currebtly looking at. When he stated one of the areas were fine during the normal business but after hours you will need to have your gun. Then he pointed to me and said if you need training...

Not gloating and I'm sure corporate would have a differnet take but at least my local management is pretty gun friendly.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Cool boss. But don't get yourself fired for breaking corporate policy.
    oneshot likes this.

Then I say, "Bring your guns!"
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Cool boss but beware, under the current administration defense contractors are under a microscope. I'm sure your company has a clear policy designed to protect its status as one of the top 5 or 6 contractors, it would be a shame for a rogue manager to blow it.

yeah when corporate comes in and states you should not have a gun and you are the ringleader and "trainer" the friendly manager may remember things differently.
    oneshot likes this.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I'd keep it on the downlow as to not put your boss in an awkward position if someone up the line makes something out of it. I often tell people that work for me that I'm cool with certain things, but I also tell them not to put me in a position I can't defend them either. This way, they know whatever the subject is cool between them and me as long as they keep it cool.
    jwhite75 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Yoda (BugDude) speaks words of wisdom.

Carry your gun(s), tell no one and keep it concealed. The manager essentially gave his blessing, don't make a big issue of it where he may be put in a place where he has to retract it later. Discretion is the name of the game on this one.
    jwhite75 and oneshot like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Yoda (BugDude) speaks words of wisdom.

Carry your gun(s), tell no one and keep it concealed. The manager essentially gave his blessing, don't make a big issue of it where he may be put in a place where he has to retract it later. Discretion is the name of the game on this one.
    Ditto. I'm in a similar situation. Violating corporate policy, but my immediate boss does know that I carry and is cool with it. It's kinda nice knowing I won't immediately get fired if he "found out" but should any trouble come up, well there's not much he could do about that. Do what you do to stay safe, but don't rock the boat at work.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Get it in writing.
    Sui juris
    U.S. Navy Veteran '65-'69
    Retired Police Detective '71 - '01
    LEOSA Certified
    NRA Life Member / SAF Member
    U.S. Constitution (c) 1791, All Rights Reserved.

As one of our fellow DC members says in their signature: "Always carry, never tell". It is a shame you have to watch your six, not for the bad guy criminal but for the bad guy supposed good guy.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

just keep it out of the scif; else your a$$ will be in a Federal sling, not just your company sling.

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Just to clairify how many guns can I bring???
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

So by top 5 or 6 you must mean number 5 or number 6.

Couldnt resist.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Get it in writing from your boss. If you manage to do so, then go for it. If not, tell him you won't carry a gun and do so anyway with a very concealable weapon. What I don't suggest is to train other staff members since you could be held liable for any accidents or violation of corporate policy.
    oneshot likes this.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

nice to have a boss that thinks out for his people safety.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links