Soon to have one less gun in my carry inventory.

This is a discussion on Soon to have one less gun in my carry inventory. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have finally talked my wife into practicing shooting just in case someone were to break into the house while I was away. I have ...

Thread: Soon to have one less gun in my carry inventory.

Soon to have one less gun in my carry inventory.

I have finally talked my wife into practicing shooting just in case someone were to break into the house while I was away. I have let her handle some of the guns,(unloaded), and it will be between the S&W 638 or the LCR. Which ever one feels better to her will be taken out of rotation, and become her house gun.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

2. Remove Ads

Thats very unselfish and thoughtful. Now you just have to go buy another to fill in the hole.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I sense she will have difficulty deciding...she may just keep them both.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Good job. Once she is comfortable with which ever gun she picks, I would bet she wants a gun that she picks out and buys herself.

In any event, I'm sure you will feel better about her safety when you aren't there to protect her. Congrats.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Congrats! I see a His & Hers matching set in your future.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    I believe that your wife should have the best, and that means not giving her your used, shot up old gun, get her a brand new one for her own and keep your worn broken in piece for yourself. Its like I always say, your better off with a gun you broke in yourself or bought and rebroke in than to give your gun to someone else and have to replace it. An old gun is like a good friend.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Since she has had a chance to handle them both I am assumeing she is the one that choose the the two. They are both good choices and either one should serve her well. Be prepared for her to want her own gun of a different deisgn. My wife decided she liked the 642 CT better than any of my guns. I don't get it. There is nothing wrong with 642 CT, but I like all of my guns are better.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

+1. My wife has no interest in guns or having one available to her while at home. She's not against them and she supports me in my reasons and decision to carry...its just not for her. I'm sure it is comforting for you to know she has the means to defend herself.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    I believe that your wife should have the best, and that means not giving her your used, shot up old gun, get her a brand new one for her own and keep your worn broken in piece for yourself. Its like I always say, your better off with a gun you broke in yourself or bought and rebroke in than to give your gun to someone else and have to replace it. An old gun is like a good friend.

The guns aren't shot up, just broke in. Both the guns haver perfomed flawlessly at the range and are accurate, the 638 a little more so than the Ruger, but I would count on either one in a pinch.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Links