My boss is the coolest boss ever.....

This is a discussion on My boss is the coolest boss ever..... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Earlier this week we (Boss and I) were talking guns. I told him I had just bought a Kahr CW9 and he was telling me ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By TN_Mike
  • 1 Post By JoJoGunn
  • 1 Post By TN_Mike

Thread: My boss is the coolest boss ever.....

My boss is the coolest boss ever.....

Earlier this week we (Boss and I) were talking guns. I told him I had just bought a Kahr CW9 and he was telling me he had just gotten a Glock 36. We eventually got onto the topic of how in Indiana there is a state law that says you can keep a gun in your car on company property and your employer can't tell you that you can't.

He says, "Want to see the G36?" and I say sure. So we go out to his car and he shows it to me. It's unloaded. he had picked it up at lunch that day. They he says, this is what I normally carry and pulls out and unloads a S&W semi auto, older model, don't remember the model number. Then, he says the car gun is a Sig P226, unlocks the glove box and shows that one to me. We get out and he takes me to the back and opens the hatchback of his car, shows me the old beat up single shot shotgun he keeps in a compartment in the back for dispatching a deer he may hit, and in a smaller compartment in the very back next to the spare tire well, a little Makorav that he calls the last ditch gun if the crap really hits the fan.

Made me feel kind of inadequate since I usually only have my Glock 23 in the Jeep.

I have a very cool, and very well armed boss.
    QKShooter likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

Sounds good. Are you starting to get more comfortable with your job? I know you had some issues awhile back?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Sounds like a cool dude.

A couple years ago I had a CEO that when the cops were called because a fugitive was at our place of business, the police were chasing him through the woods and thicket behind our place. He told the Chief of Police that if they saw a bunch of our employees heading to their cars in the parking lot that they most likely weren't leaving. He told the Chief that our employees were better armed than the police department. We all shared a good laugh. They caught the fugitive without incident, other than running a deer out of the woods that got hit by a car. My new boss has gone shooting with me numerous times. He doesn't have any guns and has never been around them much, but he really did enjoy going shooting with all of us and has a cool perspective on guns, gun ownership, and carrying. Our place of business is posted, but he's cool with us having them locked in our cars.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    My boss is an LEO (DOT type) and says guns in cars are okay but prohibited by law inside. That's fine as I'm surrounded by armed LEOs.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Maybe his new Glock-36 will rub off on you...
    Sounds like a 'pro-gun' boss...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Very cool Mike!

You have submitted some posts where you lament being in Indiana from Tennessee but this is a positive thing for sure. Maybe there is still hope?

We do like our little bright spots amid the darkness that surrounds us.
    oneshot likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Sounds like a fun guy. :) I am probably about the same as a boss.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Administrator
    Cool.
    My present "boss" is the former Police Chief.
    I'm not allowed to be in the building where I work unless I am armed & I'm sitting here now with a Colt Combat Commander resting comfortably to the right of my computer mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Sounds good. Are you starting to get more comfortable with your job? I know you had some issues awhile back?

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Very cool Mike!

You have submitted some posts where you lament being in Indiana from Tennessee but this is a positive thing for sure. Maybe there is still hope?

We do like our little bright spots amid the darkness that surrounds us.
    Not sure if I have mentioned it before or not but, I actually really like where I work and the people I work with. We (Wife, kids and me) just still do not like the state/ Indiana isn't for us. Working someplace and with people you really like helps but, it doesn't make up for really not liking the state you live in and the city you work in.

Nothing has really changed. We are still going to be heading back to West Tennessee, I'm still looking at jobs there all the time.
    oneshot likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    Good deal, mike!!

Hope at least some of the small things make your "visit" to In more positive.

Behind every successful man there is a woman, behind every unsuccessful man there are two.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links