First Declined....Later Accepted - Page 2

First Declined....Later Accepted

This is a discussion on First Declined....Later Accepted within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wonder how many people get denied by the government because the government gets their name wrong. All in the name of "safety" of course......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Declined....Later Accepted

Senior Moderator
    I wonder how many people get denied by the government because the government gets their name wrong.

All in the name of "safety" of course...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Administrator
    Brian Jones is a very common name...you need to change it to something really unique and different...something like Bill Smith.

Welcome into the fold.
    Glad that you're now carrying.

Congrats from your friends in NYC.

Hello from a fellow Pennsylvanian. I live about 30 miles SouthEast of State College. Like you, I just joined DeffensiveCarry. Last week, I purchased my first weapon, The Judge. It was very simple. I completed two forms gave the clerk my driver licenses and within two minuter he returned and said "you've let a boring life." Ten minutes later I left with the Judge, a safe, and ammo.

Later this month I am scheduled to attend a class at the local pistol club. I plan to see what pistol I can shoot best. Then, I will purchase my permit.

Thanks to everyone who has shared their expertise.

Mike

me changing my name has crossed my mind a number of times. let me tell you, if i have to hear one more reference to the rolling stones guy, I will go crazy.

so i did what anyone else would do, gave my son my name. misery loves company lol

when I did go to finally get my XD 40, it seemed like it took forever to go through. i was getting flashbacks of getting denied the last time. it was longer than a 2 min wait for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    Hello from a fellow Pennsylvanian. I live about 30 miles SouthEast of State College. Like you, I just joined DeffensiveCarry. Last week, I purchased my first weapon, The Judge. It was very simple. I completed two forms gave the clerk my driver licenses and within two minuter he returned and said "you've let a boring life." Ten minutes later I left with the Judge, a safe, and ammo.

Later this month I am scheduled to attend a class at the local pistol club. I plan to see what pistol I can shoot best. Then, I will purchase my permit.

Mike

not only just name, I gave my social and fingerprints when I applied for my license to carry in Philadelphia a few years ago. I am glad i do not live in the city anymore because the township was a much easier and faster process.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I wonder how many people get denied by the government because the government gets their name wrong.

All in the name of "safety" of course...

I just did a search and found out what a Wally World walk is. i been to a supermarket but I will be heading to my local walmart tomorrow for my true test

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Welcome from North Carolina.

That feeling will go away after some time just do a few Wally World walks and you should feel more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post

Mike
    Hello I'm another from Pennsylvania Allentown area.

Quote Originally Posted by shyguy122577 View Post
    Thanks every one for the warm welcomes.

one of my friends told me to save the money because he could teach me, but even though I am very confident in his experience with guns, I would feel more better assure learning from a professional.

I did put my social on the form. this is why I was so confused of the denial.

its funny because after I went to the range, I knew I had to buy a gun for myself but my wife was against it because of the cost. I was at a free outdoor range in Lancaster, Pa. The first gun I ever shot was a 12 gauge shot gun that kicked like a horse. After I done that, my nervousness with his glock was gone. after I sent my wife a picture of me at the range, I think she thought I looked sexy, because all of sudden she changed her mind.

Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to learn about guns, and defensive training, carry methods and to meet some great people.
    As far as feeling like everyone is staring at you, that is very common at first. Remember two things, concealed means concealed, (in other words, make sure it stays concealed) and no one ever pays attention to whats on your belt. Our society has preprogrammed us to not stare at people, especially below the neck line. Plus now a days everyone has a cell phone clipped to their belt so people are used to a bulge there.

Someone else mentioned the famous Wally World Walk. It's a great way to get comfortable carrying in public.
    See this thread for the official map, page #3 of the thread,
    What is with the Wally Walk??

As far as your wife thinking your sexy, well hopefully she already did feel thay way. Maybe she's attracted to the gun. (pistol envy?) You may need to consider buying her a gun too! The family that shoots together lives longer!

Ted,

My gun always stay concealed. I am not a bragging type. i been following the CANT model that I learned from this forum. My wife finds my nerdy side sexy so I been very lucky in that. I think she will be getting her permit within the year. would be nice to go to the range with her.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links