Indianapolis Zoo, posted? Carry OK? Asking Indy members.

This is a discussion on Indianapolis Zoo, posted? Carry OK? Asking Indy members. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We plan on going to the Indianapolis Zoo next weekend. Probably buying a family membership since the zoo was our all time favorite thing to ...

Thread: Indianapolis Zoo, posted? Carry OK? Asking Indy members.

Indianapolis Zoo, posted? Carry OK? Asking Indy members.

We plan on going to the Indianapolis Zoo next weekend. Probably buying a family membership since the zoo was our all time favorite thing to do back home in Memphis. The Indy Zoo looks to be a nice one so I think we will probably like it as well.

Any of the members here from Indianapolis or the area know if the zoo in Indy is posted or if carry is prohibited or OK.

Appreciate any info, thanks.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    We plan on going to the Indianapolis Zoo next weekend. Probably buying a family membership since the zoo was our all time favorite thing to do back home in Memphis. The Indy Zoo looks to be a nice one so I think we will probably like it as well.

Any of the members here from Indianapolis or the area know if the zoo in Indy is posted or if carry is prohibited or OK.

Appreciate any info, thanks.
    Last time I was there I don't remember seeing a sign. That was a good 4-5 years ago though. That being said I generally don't look very hard as they carry no legal weight here so I ignore them on the off chance I do happen to see one.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Zoo is not posted however there is a slight hangup, if your gonna go, go on a weekend. If you go during the week and there is a school group there on a field trip the zoo becomes a place where a school event is taking place and it is illegal to carry on school grounds or places where a school event is taking place. Stay concealed, go on a weekend and there are no hangups like that. Check out the poler bears and the reptile house. Two of my favorite places, and thats coming from someone who hates snakes.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Thanks guys. The zoo trip has been moved up to tomorrow. So this all is great info!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

We went to the Indy Zoo Sunday. Had a great time. No signs saying no carry. Just carried in my hybrid IWB holster (similar to a CB Supertuck) and no one was ever the wiser.

I can honestly say two things though, one, the Indy zoo isn't as big as I thought it was and the Memphis Zoo is definitely bigger and better. And two, now that I have the Kahr CW9, I can't wait to get another one of these hybrid holsters for it because carrying the G23 all day wasn't bad, but I know the CW9 is going to be a lot easier and more comfortable.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Links