who carrys 100% of the time no matter where they go?

This is a discussion on who carrys 100% of the time no matter where they go? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I keep hearing this same theme from most who carry a gun and that is, "I carry all day every day except when it's not ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: who carrys 100% of the time no matter where they go?

VIP Member
    I keep hearing this same theme from most who carry a gun and that is, "I carry all day every day except when it's not legal or if I'm in class." I also here people say, "I take off my gun and leave it in the car because we are not allowed to carry them at work." I say to these people, "don't bother to carry at all if you will make all these exceptions!" The time you will be shot and killed is the time when you do not have a gun and can't defend yourself. Is breaking a law more important to you than saving your life or the life of your loved one! Think hard about this and please let me know your answer!
    Well Steve welcome to the forum. I don't know if anyone here would admit carrying a firearm illegally in a place that is posted and either risk losing their permit and weapon, livelihood or their life if for some reason they had to use the weapon in the wrong place or wrong time and was mistaken for the bad guy or were caught carrying the weapon and be arrested should it come to that.
    Should you be carrying in a posted place and should have to use your weapon whether it is a legal shoot or not you would be held criminally and civilily liable for all actions. Under the reasonable person statutes one of the criteria that is looked at is "Were they legally there in the first place" I am afraid that no matter how you explained it you would be at fault.
    Now for the "I would rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6 crowd" yep absolutely right you as an individual have to make the choice as to when and where you carry it is all up to you as to what you would risk. If you want to carry at work despite rules against it fine but do not ask for sympathy when you lose your job.
    As for the original question I carry all the time including while at home. Concealed means concealed but as stated you have to decide as an individual what you are willing to risk to carry in those "special" places.

Again welcome to the site hope you have a good time here
    brylow likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

2. Remove Ads

I carry 100% of the time it's legal to do so. I avoid places I cannot carry like the plague so that I only have to be without it maybe a couple of times a year and for only the few minutes it takes to conduct business inside those forbidden places.

My running days are over, however I live on a Circle Drive and it's 1/2 mile around the loop. I walk laps every day for exercise and when out exercising, I carry small OC spray for dogs and I either pocket carry my LCP or have the LCP in a kydex neck holster if I'm in shorts without pockets.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

+1 for me also,as long as i know there are no metal detectors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    If I'm awake, I'm armed. When I'm not, it's on the nightstand next to the bed.
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

I carry 100% of the time it is legal for me to do so. I work out at home, but I would probably consider a fanny pack if I worked out at a gym. Would be easy enough to "justify" it by keeping my iPod in it with the pistol.

100%, wherever legal. I also went to the trouble of getting non-resident permits for the state I work in and another state my wife and I frequent on the weekends, so that I can carry always. I just try to stay out of communist New Jersey.
    "I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you ---- with me, I'll kill you all."

Marine Corps General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

SmartCarry 24/7/365 where legal and while showering it hangs on a hook just outside the shower.

Bobo
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

When I'm awake, I'm carrying

Even at home. When I'm asleep, there's a pistol on the nightstand. In the shower, it's in the pocket of my robe on a hook by the shower. I have to say, whenever I go into a government building or a school, I feel VERY, VERY vulnerable on the walk to and from my vehicle.
    brylow likes this.
    The road that lies ahead of a man is a challenge to his heart long before it tests the strength of his legs. Thomas Aquinas

100% of the time whenever and wherever legal.

bosco

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    There's always the fanny pack option for naked concealed carry!

lol. Wasn't there a story about a old nude man shooting at a guy that broke into his house? haha
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

I guess that I am one of the few that doesn't carry 100% of the time. One reason is that I am prohibited at my work from carrying a firearm and that takes up almost 12 hours of my day. I use a County supplied vehicle, work out of a Courthouse, so WV law restricts me from taking a firearm to work, even with a permit.

Now when I get home from work, I can pack that handgun as often as I see fit and usually do, especially when taking my dog for a walk. Our neighborhood is decent, but there is always that chance of it going bad in seconds. I go to the gym, but I believe it restricts firearms on the premise so there is no way I could do so.

I know that it just sucks not being able to take my handgun to certain places but that's just the way it is and other than get another job or just stop going to every place that restricts weapons, I do comply with the laws concerning them.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I'm with Mr Gunn. I know I'm atypical for the regular posters here, but I think I represent a larger number of legal concealed carriers in general. I am sure that if you feel the need to keep a Roscoe in your bathrobe while you shower, and carry everywhere, you'd feel vulnerable on those few occasions you were not armed. Personally, I have lived well over half a century and have never even been close to needing a handgun. What does that prove? Nothing.

I still travel internationally, and you certainly aren't going to be legally armed in London, Rome, Hong Kong, New York City, Tokyo, Beijing, and other such destinations. I suppose since I've spent so much of my life unarmed, I have had to adapt. The three rules have always served me well:

1. Don't hang around with stupid people.
    2. Don't go to stupid places.
    3. Don't do stupid things.

A gun is a nice tool for your toolbox for a last resort, but it's the self-awareness and three rules that can keep you from ever needing it.
    PAcanis and satori59 like this.

VIP Member
    Being retired military really limits my options as I often travel onto the local facilities. Likewise, I travel to California which is also a no-go, and to Europe. So, I guess I only carry about 40-percent of the time.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Me. And my wife. We carry 100% of the time we are legally allowed to do so. Including at home. (not in the shower of course)
    right with you here

The only place I do not carry is onboard commercial aircraft, traveling in foreign countries, or on international cruise ships. When I fly within CONUS, I secure a carry gun and ammo in luggage per TSA regs, being fortunate to be certified for LEOSA, I can carry in all states.

Gym or bicycling? I use a fanny pack to carry stainless J-frame +P, cell phone, wallet, keys and reload.
    Sui juris
    U.S. Navy Veteran '65-'69
    Retired Police Detective '71 - '01
    LEOSA Certified
    NRA Life Member / SAF Member
    U.S. Constitution (c) 1791, All Rights Reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    I'm with Mr Gunn. I know I'm atypical for the regular posters here, but I think I represent a larger number of legal concealed carriers in general. I am sure that if you feel the need to keep a Roscoe in your bathrobe while you shower, and carry everywhere, you'd feel vulnerable on those few occasions you were not armed. Personally, I have lived well over half a century and have never even been close to needing a handgun. What does that prove? Nothing.

I still travel internationally, and you certainly aren't going to be legally armed in London, Rome, Hong Kong, New York City, Tokyo, Beijing, and other such destinations. I suppose since I've spent so much of my life unarmed, I have had to adapt. The three rules have always served me well:

1. Don't hang around with stupid people.
    2. Don't go to stupid places.
    3. Don't do stupid things.

A gun is a nice tool for your toolbox for a last resort, but it's the self-awareness and three rules that can keep you from ever needing it.

I would say going to London is a clear violation of rule #2.
    The land of big brother where every move you make is on video and you can not defend yourself from assault without getting arrested and jailed for assault. That's just a stupid place to go, I don't care who you are.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links